Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm not a die hard but

haven't missed a home game since boxing day game v brighton 0-0, 9 yrs ago
    i usually make efforts to go to 12-15 away games , juggling leave and favours and shifts...
    i have no intent to go to more than 2 more away games
    bpool , only as i have already booked train and middsboro ( new ground for me,only one in this lge left) ....

price,poor atmosphere,lack of banter....BUT MOSTLY COS THE PLAYERS CONTINUE TO SHOW THEY DO NOT CARE!
    walking out of poty was one thing but ignoring the kids xmas party really underlines their contempt, gianni could not get them down.
    only ramage came with rowly and ainsworth out of a squad of 30?

i was told legs had to get qpr players to clap fans at end of ipswich game, not hard as fans paid £33-41 , had disrupted travel etc and gave up their day to see another woeful "matchday experience".

What is £40 when players are on £4000 per week? They cannot comprehend what it is like to work all week, fill the car up with petrol and pay £35 to get in and watch.
    :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
      What is £40 when players are on £4000 per week? They cannot comprehend what it is like to work all week, fill the car up with petrol and pay £35 to get in and watch.
      So what do they do at training?? and do they have magic cars that fill up with petrol magicaly??

Bl00dy hell not there fault they have a talent and can play football for a living.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

That's not what he's saying, we are not on £10,000 a week so to them it's like pennies filling up but to us it's a lot of money that we miss.

Comment

Yer but we shouldnt complain about footy wages......would you turn it down if you was a player.

Flavio: I will pay you 10,000 a week
          Me: no thanks flavio as the fans will moan about I get paid to much.

Its not just on here I have this argument everyday of the week with people....again IMO footballers are not overpaid.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
            So what do they do at training?? and do they have magic cars that fill up with petrol magicaly??

Bl00dy hell not there fault they have a talent and can play football for a living.

He isn't having a go at them for having a talent etc.

He was actually saying that 2 hours training 4 days a week is not like doing a real 8-10 working day. Also that they don't have to worry about filling their cars with petrol because they get a very good salary. They earn more in two weeks than many of us do in a year. In other words they are so far detached from fans that they don't appreciate the efforts fans make to watch them.

Joey Barton - no angel himself - was saying the same type of thing earlier in the press.

Footballers have a great life and it is about time they started showing respect to the fans who travel up and down the country in all sorts of weather and paying ever increasing prices to support them. They need to remember that without paying fans, they would have very little.

Surely attending a few 'fans' parties/events, or clapping the supporters, is not too much to ask of them.

Comment

ok sorry I misunderstood what was said :embarrassed:
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Footballers are most definitely overpaid.

Once they finish playing they have the same, if not better, opportunities to carry on working and earning a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Footballers are most definitely overpaid.

Once they finish playing they have the same, if not better, opportunities to carry on working and earning a living.
                  trying to think of an example to use......

I dont know the ins and outs of say for example barcelona's finances but I am pretty sure they get a lot of money....they get a lot of money as people want to see the players, buy the club shirt, etc etc.

So say they make x amount of millions per game.... £160,000 a week to Ibrahimovic is a small portion of what they make...and the 100,000 people are there to watch him so why shouldnt he get the amount he is paid.

Does that make sense (didnt do well at school )

of course its my opinion but I think footballers deserve the amount they earn.
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

I don't begrudge players their wages at all.They are only accepting what the club is willing to pay them.But i think they are becoming more distant in terms of lifestyle by a massive margin.

They don't appreciate how that hard earned £35 ticket could be much more needed for a pair of kids shoes.That fans make massive sacrifices so that they can enjoy their sportscars.

Coming over and applauding the people that pay your wages,and putting in a decent shift at work,is little to ask in return for those riches.

Comment

I agree in that way Stan of course they should show appriciation.....but for the money clubs earn I think they are not over paid.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

I agree in that way Stan of course they should show appriciation.....but for the money clubs earn I think they are not over paid.
                        I don't have a problem with the amounts they get paid mate,it's the poor attitude some players have to the fans that allow then to earn it.

Talent has every right to be rewarded.But some consideration to those paying for it would be nice.

Comment

Yer in that way its wrong mate totaly agree...should always clap the fans win lose or draw and do other stuff that wont take 5mins.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Yer in that way its wrong mate totaly agree...should always clap the fans win lose or draw and do other stuff that wont take 5mins.
                            Exactly.

And the fans would love you so much more for that little bit of appreciation.

Comment

thread lost to wages chat which is part of it...hopefully qpr not over extending themselves , AGAIN...

i question their commitment to qprfc as a club, which involves the fans.
                              olly used to bring the lot to a kids party...poty was £75 and previous yrs players stayed til late, last time rod marsh announces "cabs' waiting boys" and hall led the stampede out the door....
                              i cannot name one player who tackles, fights for the ball, plays with heart on sleeve
                              has some passion....only cook has some link to club now as bircham ,gallen have moved...we also had miller.
                              qpr became a corporate business, which i can understand but sacrificed THE FANS.
                              how could the new investors understand what a 33-50% price rise means to many fans?
                              flav then says our £20 is meaningless or something similar!

WE HAVE LOST THAT "CLUB" FEEL and need it back asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X