My take on today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on today

Bottom line is that the desire and work rate is there from every player but there is a decent striker or 2 missing. We know this and have known this for about 18 mths and it means we only play 1 up front due to the lack of quality in that department.

Leigertwood was superb (fantastic strike for the goal) as were Gorkss and Routledge. I thought Hall started the game well, getting back with a superb tackle from ANOTHER Ben Watson dodgy back pass.....He then went to pot 2nd half and really needs to move onto pastures new.

Ramage and Williams are clearly not good enough full backs imo, if only we could get that Orr to come to us as a RB...

I have no idea what Hart was doing bringing on 2 more defenders though?? Ok, he can say it worked but it was risky and we sat so deep as a result. It could have so easily gone to pot, I suppose his thinking was it was only for 7 or 8 mins.

Watson should be sent back imo, he is not good enough all round.

We badly need to make signings of a RB (Orr), CM (Adam) and at least 1 striker (Beckford). I would bring back Borrowdale as his passing game is much better than Williams and doesn't keep crossing high to either no-one or 5 ft nothing Simpson, who incidently took his goal well.

Maynards goal was a peach, but what were 3 defenders doing watching him turn?

Good 3 points but a lacklustre display.
Working...
X