We were very very lucky today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were very very lucky today

City were all over us from the start. Defence was all over the place. We got a lucky break with Simpsons goal. We were very very poor all over. Watson and Leigertwood never got control of the midfield. Routledge's been poor since Derby away, Simpson was all on his own upfront. We defended too deep, probably due too lack of speed at the back. Our passing was woeful. Blatant penalty second half, Hall vs Maynard. We have a lot of confidence players in the side, and that shows. Hopefully this win will give the players a much needed lift

Originally posted by Frode View Post
    City were all over us from the start. Defence was all over the place. We got a lucky break with Simpsons goal. We were very very poor all over. Watson and Leigertwood never got control of the midfield. Routledge's been poor since Derby away, Simpson was all on his own upfront. We defended too deep, probably due too lack of speed at the back. Our passing was woeful. Blatant penalty second half, Hall vs Maynard. We have a lot of confidence players in the side, and that shows. Hopefully this win will give the players a much needed lift
    I thought Watson started slowly and then got into the game and i thought legs had a great game..

Comment

I agree,we were awfull at times,lucky 1st goal,greatstrike for the 2nd,but we were so flattered to be 2-0 up at half time.2nd half apart from a miss from simpson,Bristol were all over us,and i agree if that penalty decision went against us,everyone would be screaming from the rafters,we were VERY lucky.Lets not fool ourselves,we need at least 3 quality players in january if we are to have a play off chance,We need at least 1 QUALITY striker,a holding defensive midfielder(and ffs send Watson back in january)and a quality defender.any one who gets hope out of todays performance is only fooling themselves.PS.....i DID see the match,before the "but you werent there" gang start giving out!

Comment

glad to see people know how to enjoy a much needed win regardless of the performance.......3 points is 3 points........

Comment

relieved to get 3 points,but the thread title is correct,we were very lucky,and we were poor.

Comment

Who cares how they won. You don't get nothing for having 90% of theball and losing 1-0 and to be fair football is about winnng and pretty football is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
              relieved to get 3 points,but the thread title is correct,we were very lucky,and we were poor.
              so....makes up for the games we dominated and lost or drew......

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                Who cares how they won. You don't get nothing for having 90% of theball and losing 1-0 and to be fair football is about winnng and pretty football is a bonus.
                absolutely spot on..........

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                  I thought Watson started slowly and then got into the game and i thought legs had a great game..

Watson improved second half, but he's nowhere near the form he showed for Palace. Please tell my what Leigertwood did that was great, except the goal? He won nothing in midfield. His passing is terrible, no composure, slow on the ball. The main reason why our fluent play in midfield is gone imo. Would prefer Mahon, Rowly, Watson, Faurlin ahead of him in the middle everytime. Actually I would rather have Matt Connolly as our holding midfielder then Legs. And he's no leader. Leigertwood as captain, and Hall our vice captain...says alot really

Comment

We've been all over teams and drawn. We've hit the bar more than any other team.

Today we got some of that luck back.
                    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                      so....makes up for the games we dominated and lost or drew......
                      lady luck wont shine on us every game,my point quaz is i hope our owners realise we need major strenghtening,and arent fooled by todays lucky win.I do however feel we were due some luck,and glad to get 3 points ,but not encouraged by performance.

Comment

glad to see people know how to enjoy a much needed win regardless of the performance.......3 points is 3 points........
                        Don't tell me you enjoyed that? Yes the win was much needed and 3 points is 3 points. But we were awful to watch, and very lucky

Comment

Don't tell me you enjoyed that? Yes the win was much needed and 3 points is 3 points. But we were awful to watch, and very lucky
                          after no wins in 6 or what ever it was....a ground out win with a bit of luck is very very welcome......cannot play fancy dan sh!t all season long...not going to work.

Comment

after no wins in 6 or what ever it was....a ground out win with a bit of luck is very very welcome......cannot play fancy dan sh!t all season long...not going to work.
                            Of course it was very welcome, but hardly enjoyable to watch. We needed a rub of the green, and hopefully this would kickstart our season again.

Don't mind grinding out results or ugly wins. But today was about luck, nothing more. We did try the fancy dan **** and failed miserably.

Comment

Of course it was very welcome, but hardly enjoyable to watch. We needed a rub of the green, and hopefully this would kickstart our season again.

Don't mind grinding out results or ugly wins. But today was about luck, nothing more. We did try the fancy dan **** and failed miserably.
                              luck...ground out...either way we needed it...onwards and upwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X