Reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality check

Most of the complaints seem to be about lack of money spent and so on. But if you look at our attendances and fan base, our income and potential would sit us 17th to 18th in league. We currently sit 10th, yet we think it’s a failure that we’re not in the top 6. It’s almost as though its our divine right to be there. We go on about a lack of money spent and the owners doing it on the cheap. We have consistently been a loss making club. These rich owners have provided the stability we’ve craved for ages.

Let’s look a the positives
    1) we’re just outside playoffs
    2) maybe I’ve seen different games to everyone else but games we’ve been rubbish we’ve won, when we’ve been average we’ve lost or drawn (maybe one victory at Sheffield), games we’ve been good we’ve drawn (most) and won. This team is good enough for the play-offs. Game at west brom proved that for me.

We need stability, consistency of selection (especially in defence) and a happy dressing room. IF Hart can provide this, we’ll be in top 6 this season.

PS. The comments about Buz during Mag saga were ridiculous. This guy is class and can propel us into top 6. I for one can’t wait to see him in the no 10 again this season.

We are and always have been a small club, that occasionally punches above its weight.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Most of the complaints seem to be about lack of money spent and so on. But if you look at our attendances and fan base, our income and potential would sit us 17th to 18th in league. We currently sit 10th, yet we think it’s a failure that we’re not in the top 6. It’s almost as though its our divine right to be there. We go on about a lack of money spent and the owners doing it on the cheap. We have consistently been a loss making club. These rich owners have provided the stability we’ve craved for ages.

2) maybe I’ve seen different games to everyone else but games we’ve been rubbish we’ve won, when we’ve been average we’ve lost or drawn (maybe one victory at Sheffield), games we’ve been good we’ve drawn (most) and won. This team is good enough for the play-offs. Game at west brom proved that for me.

We need stability, consistency of selection (especially in defence) and a happy dressing room. IF Hart can provide this, we’ll be in top 6 this season.

PS. The comments about Buz during Mag saga were ridiculous. This guy is class and can propel us into top 6. I for one can’t wait to see him in the no 10 again this season.
      Agree with the majority of that, and if the owners have any sense they will get in the quality forwards we need and hopefully the team can fulfill its potential. Hopefully playing decent football and not the sort of stuff served up by Palace and Sheffield Utd.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

we fill our seats, c-club and boxes..that brings in ££££££££££££££ms

Comment

Most of the complaints seem to be about lack of money spent and so on....
          Well they shouldn't be.

If FB doesn't want to splash millions of his "hard-earned" on over-priced footballers, that's up to him.
          Not a big problem with that. It's his money to spend how he chooses.

The problem is the relationship with the fans, and the barmy appointments/sackings of managers, which has held us back.

If he spent less on loan players, and more on ONE good, trusted, proven manager to run the whole football side of things... he'd have saved money. And we'd have more stabilty, unity and prospects for success.

That's the biggest complaint most fans have about his reign. Not the lack of funds for even more fairly average players.
          In the last 2 years, we've actually spent shedloads of cash for a club our size... but apart from the initial surge after the takeover, we haven't moved forward at all.
          Not in terms of gates, unity, spirit, reputation, progress, or even league position.
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Wimbledon, Norwich, Fulham and Charlton are examples of clubs the same size as ours who have achieved and maintained PL status in recent history.

If they can do it there's absolutely no reason why we cant either - especially when Europe's wealthiest man just happens to be one of your owners.

Nothing to do with being a "small club", "punching above your weight", "a selling club" and all those other excuses. Its all about having a sound structure from board room to pitch level, something we've never had since the takeover.

You wanna talk "reality check"? - Until that fundamental issue is tackled full on it just aint never gonna happen baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              Wimbledon, Norwich, Fulham and Charlton are examples of clubs the same size as ours who have achieved and maintained PL status in recent history.

If they can do it there's absolutely no reason why we cant either - especially when Europe's wealthiest man just happens to be one of your owners.

Nothing to do with being a "small club", "punching above your weight", "a selling club" and all those other excuses. Its all about having a sound structure from board room to pitch level, something we've never had since the takeover.

You wanna talk "reality check"? - Until that fundamental issue is tackled full on it just aint never gonna happen baby.

Speak to anyone involved at Charlton and they based their project on us funnily enough
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                Speak to anyone involved at Charlton and they based their project on us funnily enough
                Time we returned the favour.
                I mean, it's worked twice now.

Football can be quite simple, if you allow it to be.
                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                  Depends if youre talking post-Curbs era or not.

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                  Precisely - but it would require your Chairman to leave his ego at the front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    Time we returned the favour.
                    I mean, it's worked twice now.

Very true, Sir.

Comment

good post....I believe come may we will be top 6.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

One thing is absolutely certain. I won't be holding my breath again in the next transfer window!

Comment

Especially some on here questioning his sexuality - unbelievable and tabloid mentality at its highest:waaaht:

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            Especially some on here questioning his sexuality - unbelievable and tabloid mentality at its highest:waaaht:
                            That was probably me..I'm sure he likes men..not that it matters in fairness..and thats not homophobic, three of my best mates are gay...i have a good gaydar

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

Where are the Norwich's Charlton's and Wimbledon's of this world now?
                              I'd suggest they all were punching above there weight when in the prem league, Norwich have a bigger fan base then ours and could not maintain prem league status, its all to do with financing and stability and this club can't compete ( even with the owners) with the wages and cost that come with being in the Hollywood league , not on our crowds.

Comment

Working...
                              X