Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play-offs... I can't see it happening for us somehow.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play-offs... I can't see it happening for us somehow.....

I wasn't there today and be interested to read what people say but I think that 10th or there abouts is about where we'll finish. I think that the main reason is the unstability at the club and regular change of manager. I wouldn't be surprised if PH is gone by the end of the season.

I realise that professional footballers should be able to get on the pitch and play but when you are regularly having to get used to a new manager then this can't be easy. I know that the two are not totally comparable but if I had had as many managers over the past couple of years as the R's have had then it would deffinately affect my ability to perform at my best.

The R's players have to build a relationship and get used to a manager's methods, ideas and expectations etc. One manager might have rated certain players and the new man might prefer others. Imagine how these and other aspects not mentioned could affect the psychology of players and the stability at home etc if players are in a relationship. OK so some of the more recent performances have been abysmal and one suspects that some of you reading this will not have any of the aforementioned.

Without trying to condem PH and MH before they've had much of a chance but, I feel that the board need to identify a proper target for next season(even if he's currently employed at another club. We've had a few poached over the years, TV and GF to name two). This constant merry-go-round of managers is killing our chances of making a real fist of going up and making us a laughing stock in the process.

I for one am glad that the league is so open this season as, if it were not so congested then we'd be miles off the pace and probably hovering above the relegation places. I very much hope that I am way off the mark and am at Wembley in May with the rest of you hoping that we can win the play-off final but TBH I won't be holding my breath.....
    Last edited by ahR; 19-12-2009, 08:17 PM.

Well I think realistically play offs are out of our depth now, and I don't think we are in a position to go for it as we have a few issues such as stability, manager and a clear plan for the future to sort out first....

Comment

More chance of ending global warming
      Chris Hollins wining Strictley,Gordon Brown stop doing that stupid twitch everytime he says a sentence.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
        More chance of ending global warming
        Chris Hollins wining Strictley,Gordon Brown stop doing that stupid twitch everytime he says a sentence.
        Brown... do you mean when he does that goldfish type gulp thing? Very annoying indeed!!

Comment

yes,makes me want to kill him.

Comment

I reckon we'll nick 6th

Comment

nick,at the mo that would be daylight robbery.

Comment

nick,at the mo that would be daylight robbery.

Comment

No chance unless we get a new defence in the january sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    I reckon we'll nick 6th
                    I wish I could share your optimism. I think that there's more chance of the developed countries agreeing to making worthwhile cuts in carbon emisions than we have of getting into the top 6 this season am afraid but hey, let's hope you're right!!

Comment

Global warming,pah humbug.

Comment

We are well in touch of playoffs.It's stability off the pitch that we need to get consistency on it.Hopefully we can get a striker in Jan and hopefully PH can find a settled defence.

Comment

Dont mean to moan.....but i will, i just posted about the game earlier.

On that performance we wont get nearer to Wembley than Loftus Road.

I realise the bloke has just got there and he may need some time but you would have thought that the players may try to make an impression??? but it didnt really look like it -maybe Williams and Gorkes, Legs at the start, Dave a bit, but otherwise not really...and Routeledge, he really winds me up, im sure if he tries abit more he could be a top player but doesnt look interested - no ummpff in the performance.
                          Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

well in touch!
                            Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                            pah humbug

Comment

well in touch!
                              Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                              pah humbug
                              Couple of decent results would get us in there.Brizzle next and they could only draw at home with Reading,then Ipswich away who are struggling.

2 winnable games IMO.

Confidence man!!!!.

Comment

Working...
                              X