No Sure..About Rumour Regarding "Standing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sure..About Rumour Regarding "Standing"

Supporters who are in Q, P and R blocks will be sent letters telling them to sit down.

Well, thats a great way to get a 12th man

http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=41385
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Sorry Pete, I was going to post it here.

This isn't DEFINENTLY going to happen, but they are really starting to consider it. I think they accept the fact that we won't sit down when they ask, so this is the best way to eliminate it.

I'll add this isn't coming from QPR - I think its the council?

Either way, we should bring some form of terracing back or something.

Atmosphere at Loftus Road will be abysmal if this goes ahead as planned... I don't know I would even bother with home games if it happened.

Comment

Sit down, shut up, sit down, shut up!
      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Reality is its not a council issue. Its a football regulation to be seated in grounds.

Most clubs take a common sense approach and allow standing in certain parts, to which QPR are one of them.

In my experience of going to grounds, don't think I've seen one where part of the crowd does not stand up.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Blimey so are they going to ban, after a goal is scored...falling over the bloke in front of you - to either side - general patting on backs of complete strangers.Maybe they should ban people who get up during the game to have a ****, or get to food queue quicker or drinks or whatever.

Im know this has been answered by someone on here before...but no one appears to give a sh.t in R block(where i sit) - it's right up in the corner anyway.

I choose, which is my right, like any other supoorter to sit in R block, because along with P and R they are usually seem to make the most noise.That is not having a dig at any other part of ground with our fans...just my observation and choice as a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
            Blimey so are they going to ban, after a goal is scored...falling over the bloke in front of you - to either side - general patting on backs of complete strangers.Maybe they should ban people who get up during the game to have a ****, or get to food queue quicker or drinks or whatever.

Im know this has been answered by someone on here before...but no one appears to give a sh.t in R block(where i sit) - it's right up in the corner anyway.

I choose, which is my right, like any other supoorter to sit in R block, because along with P and R they are usually seem to make the most noise.That is not having a dig at any other part of ground with our fans...just my observation and choice as a free man.
            P is no louder than the rest of the loft unless singing 'we're the P block'

We take the pee out of them all the time. I sit in Q because I have good mates there and we generate noise. We also create most new chants. Like you Spencer, I prefer an atmousphere and the freedom to stand. Q and R are the best for this because we don't get intimidated by the stewards. One stands, we all stand. Makes it far easier.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

They are quite rigid in the past you have been allowed to move from SA Road to the Loft if you had a ticket, last night was told by CES that it was forbidden.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Reality is its not a council issue. Its a football regulation to be seated in grounds.

Most clubs take a common sense approach and allow standing in certain parts, to which QPR are one of them.

In my experience of going to grounds, don't think I've seen one where part of the crowd does not stand up.
                It is a council issue Pete. They issue the stadium licence based on legislation. They have the ultimate authority to close sections of the ground. The licences allow standing during "brief moments of excitement" goal chances, corners etc. - persistent standing is prohibited.

Much depends on the tolerance of the local authority. LBH&F are ridiculously strict. Our standing problem is worse than Fulham's or Chelsea's. By miles. And the club are being warned.
                Last edited by Nodge70; 04-11-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

so are away fans exempt then? vitually every single palace supporter stood last night and every match and no one cares

no one stands in v block, maybe some of them are dead:very_sad:

Comment

did i see something thrown at Buzz from the Palace end last night when he scored ?

Comment

Originally posted by bkirk View Post
                      did i see something thrown at Buzz from the Palace end last night when he scored ?
                      It was a programme..

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Sorry Pete that is totally wrong. The local council issues the license to the club. H & F are pretty strict when it comes to this so we are on a loser here...

Hate sitting at football myself, having spent most of my life standing, but that is the way it is now days so nothing we can really do.....
                        Last edited by haqpr1963; 04-11-2009, 03:02 PM.
                        A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Awful! Let them stand for christ sake!
                          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Time for a petition to the council?

Other clubs can do it... but because our council have a more hands on approach our mathday has to suffer as a result?

I reckon we could/would even have the backing of "QPR" with regards to this...

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
                              Time for a petition to the council?

Other clubs can do it... but because our council have a more hands on approach our mathday has to suffer as a result?

I reckon we could/would even have the backing of "QPR" with regards to this...
                              Extremely doubtful. Would knacker any planning applications or other necessities the club may need from the council for many a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X