No announcement yet.

Gary Borrowdale - UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we not just wait until the guy gets a game before we slate or praise him..... i seem to remember gino had to wait a bloody long time to get a start and we didn't have the greastest of left backs back then either...... chill people!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qprcarlos View Post
      i think you will find borrowdale didn't play sat at mk dons even so i to have a good friend who is a season ticket holder at brighton and he rates borrowdale quite highly says hes set pieces are top notch........

To be fair i didn't actually say Borrowdale played just that my friend had been to the match to highlight that he goes regularly and has seen him play a few times.

Do we know the reason he didn't play? Has he been dropped or is he injured again?

Comment

injuried hamstring

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          To be fair i didn't actually say Borrowdale played just that my friend had been to the match to highlight that he goes regularly and has seen him play a few times.

Do we know the reason he didn't play? Has he been dropped or is he injured again?
          http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Previ...614581,00.html

He was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
            This is the original message from the old board :

"Okay, here is the truth about Borrowdale. I've been holding back, as it seems many find pleasure in going on and on about this player and the fact he doesn;t get a look in.

De Canio wanted Borrowdale last year but it was felt it would be better to wait instead of paying 900k for a player out of contract (or near end of contract). Then Dowie takes over and he too wanted the player. We have to prepare with players before the January transfer window, you do not want to lose out to other clubs.

The fact is, we decided to go in for Borrowdale based on the fact Delaney was going to go to Ipswich for 750k in January after Ipswich wanted him and had been pursuing him for about 6 weeks.

In order to make sure we did not fall short in that position the club decided to get Borrowdale. Bearing in mind he has played at England youth level and players like Hall, leighterwood and others said also he was a very good player.

At the last minute Delaney decides not TO GO TO Ipswich. This is after we have made the move for Borrowdale and promised him that he would be our first choice left back, on the premise that Delaney moves to Ipswich. All along right up to late in the day, Delaney is off to ipswich Town, so what do we do?

Get Borrowdale or bank on having no left back cover? The decision was taken to get Borrowdale in for an attractive price of around 100k. Soon after Delaney decides he is not going anywhere.

You could say, that Sousa obviously doesn't fancy him, but we were not to know that. As for Sousa buying the players?/ ask yourself, what would he know about left backs available in the championship back in December? "

Does make me wonder what would LDC have known about left backs in the Championship last year too?
            As I said thw whole thing smacks of incompotence. Trying to safeguard against having no fullbacks. They now have a full back that hasn't played and been loaned out. They also committed to buy a player that a manager they sacked wanted. As you said what would De Canio have known about him. Coventry fans weren't exactly upset that we were buying a player that couldn't even get into their first team and they were below us in the league. Also considering Flavio expects us to reach the playoffs. Definitely not the calibre of player we should be acquiring. Already said by someone that a Brighton fan doesn't even think he's good enough for their team. Sousa didn't rate him. Yet Flavio and Paladini did. And people say that Sousa shouldn't have a say in players. Seems like he knows more about good or bad players than Flavio and Paladini put together.

Comment

I think Borrowdale has had his day and I do not think we will ever see him play for QPR again.

As for Delaney, I would sell him as he is too inconsistent and too uninspiring...

Comment

Yeah send Delaney to Brighton and we will have Barrowdale back

Comment

I've spoken to a couple of mates who are regular Brighton attendees and their view of Barrowdale is he is one of the better loan players they have had. Possibly not saying much! Good left foot, maybe not greatest defensively. Would be happy to sign him permanently and would like to see him in a settled team as their side is a debacle at present.

Comment

borrowdale last saturday did not play but was the worst player ?

Comment

last seen riding off into the sunset with Lord Lucan on Red Rum

Comment

just saw him on Sky TV
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by ginoqpr View Post
                          borrowdale last saturday did not play but was the worst player ?
                          Nobody has said he is Brighton's worst player and nobody has said that he played on Saturday. Please read both the starting post and all corresponding posts before saying such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X