No announcement yet.

If Millwall can do it...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to see Millwall play Bristol yesterday with a friend, they are miles apart from us. They made Bristol City (the team that beat us 2-0) look like park footballers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Out of interest, why do you expect the league to be much tougher next year?
      Burton and Barnsley will be replaced by two better teams in Wigan and Blackburn and the 3 coming down will not be as poor as the 3 who came down last year.. really was a massive gift how rubbish Sunderland and Hull have been, fair play to the decidely average teams that seized the chance to take advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        Burton and Barnsley will be replaced by two better teams in Wigan and Blackburn and the 3 coming down will not be as poor as the 3 who came down last year.. really was a massive gift how rubbish Sunderland and Hull have been, fair play to the decidely average teams that seized the chance to take advantage.
        People say this every year, how it will always be tougher the next year. Standard is always similar imo

Comment

If Millwall can do it we have no chance. Ollie is our manager

Comment

As Jeems said, we hear the same thing every year.

Sides coming down more often than not find it hard to snap out of that losing mentality. I really don't think it's likely that sides coming down will be any better than those going up. West Brom are poor, most of their players won't be out of place in the Championship. Stoke I'd say are similar, all of their talented players are already coming out and saying they want to leave. Then one of Southampton, Palace, Swansea or Huddersfield.......can't say I'm really too worried about any of those being any tougher to face than the likes of Villa, Cardiff or Wolves.

I think a few clubs in this league will feel the pinch financially next season too. Many have absolutely done their boll*cks trying to get promoted, and they can't all go up. Those that don't make it will be left counting the costs next season. We have an advantage in this regard as we've already been through that transition and are coming out the other side as a club that is now managed properly financially.

I think we can go into next season with nothing to fear, and safe in the knowledge that we have a talented (if inexperienced) group of player. My only concerns are a.) the limitations of the manager, and b.) the chance that the FA stitch us up hard with regards to FFP.

Comment

Think we needed to do it this year. It's been a pretty rubbish league with teams like Millwall, Preston, Brentford sniffing about 6th spot. We've had the last knockings of parachute money too. I don't look at our squad and think it's cut out for a 46 match grind by a long chalk and I expect the division to be much tougher next year. I'm expecting a lot of midseason mediocrity for a few years... a bit like Ipswich.
              I suppose the beauty of playoffs is you can lose loads of games have a negative goal difference and still squeeze into 6th, but lets be honest, about 20 teams will think that's a possibility in August.
              Just a point on the average team we are far from average as a lot of clubs have found out, we have a manager who still learning play to the strength of the team continuity in team selection hard work when we don't have the ball a rigid system of 442 with a grafting midfield that feeds off the second ball more than anything, he won't sub for the sake of subbing gives the wing backs the freedom to attack and doesn't like to lose.

We won't go up this year but next year we won't go down we have spent £800,000 this year taking cast offs on freebies and now he I getting into his stride as a manager in three years he has had 2play off finals a a cup quarter final and installed a Millwall team we are all proud of

Comment

Spending 800k just shows money is not the answer to every problem so well done. Spend sensibly, get astute signings in, drill them so they know there role and your almost there. Harris doing great job

Comment

Originally posted by royallion View Post
                  Just a point on the average team we are far from average as a lot of clubs have found out, we have a manager who still learning play to the strength of the team continuity in team selection hard work when we don't have the ball a rigid system of 442 with a grafting midfield that feeds off the second ball more than anything, he won't sub for the sake of subbing gives the wing backs the freedom to attack and doesn't like to lose.

We won't go up this year but next year we won't go down we have spent £800,000 this year taking cast offs on freebies and now he I getting into his stride as a manager in three years he has had 2play off finals a a cup quarter final and installed a Millwall team we are all proud of
                  Fair play to Harris and Millwall for this season - one of the best sides I've seen at home by far.

Next season is the real test though. This league is so topsy turvy that there could easily be a season of struggling after all the effort of this season....just ask Reading or Sheffield Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                  X