Passning and ball control - defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passning and ball control - defenders

Big problem yesterday and many other days when the opponents using the pressing game. Jack Robinson is the only one comfortable enough in the back there and when he’s not playing we are in big trouble. Hoofing or mistimed passes that are hard to control is happening too often and because of that we are giving away the ball too easily.

we don't move the ball FORWARD quickly enough , said it before we play like we are 2 nil up when we are 2 nil down

Comment

I commented yesterday how much we missed Robbo's quality on the ball in defence, he makes a huge difference!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Get used to it if we don't sort his contract out soon. We could land up with a back three of Perch, Baptiste and Lynch.

Comment

Not just Robbo, Hall also reasonably comfortable on the ball. May never see the latter in a hooped shirt again sadly. Premier standard keeper, probably League 1 defence against Sheff Utd.

Comment

you should see Keogh's defending for Derby last night
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
              Big problem yesterday and many other days when the opponents using the pressing game. Jack Robinson is the only one comfortable enough in the back there and when he’s not playing we are in big trouble. Hoofing or mistimed passes that are hard to control is happening too often and because of that we are giving away the ball too easily.
              Same can be said of at least half the Championship defences.

Comment

Working...
              X