Crucial result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Karanka is one of the most boring dreary uninspiring managers out there and I would be devastated if we were to have him as our manager. Trust me he is dull and a complete bore that would put us in a very bad place so I do say to you maids be very careful what you wish for and don't start branding any kind of manager.
    I don’t disagree, he’s very similar to Pulis. But he implements structure and often plays a 4 2 3 1 formation which is much more suited to this QPR team.

I love Holloway’s passion but tactically he is left wanting and it’s cost us so many time this season.

Comment

Maids if Holloway lost 0-3 at home to Preston like forest did he would be castrated by our fans. I am all for improvement but Holloway is a better manager than some names I have seen mentioned. Karanka is just so totally uninspiring and its the complete opposite to what we currently need whilst spending no money on players
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Like losing 4-1at home to the bees

Comment

Or 3 zip to Boro a fortnight ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Maids if Holloway lost 0-3 at home to Preston like forest did he would be castrated by our fans. I am all for improvement but Holloway is a better manager than some names I have seen mentioned. Karanka is just so totally uninspiring and its the complete opposite to what we currently need whilst spending no money on players
            I think your focusing to much on one manager mate. Your obliviously not a fan of Karanka but he done a good job at boro and has only just walked through the door at Forrest and their recruitment in Jan was pretty decent.

My point is purely I think Holloway is tactically inept and if we had invested in a better manager the likes
            of a Warnock or Pulis, Pearson or yes imo even Karanaka we would be in a healthier position in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Over the season it’s clearly transpired that the objective of the club was to survive in the league and that is what we are doing. Your right Jan is a bad month to do business and my comments about recruitment are related to last summer.

I don’t think many were convinced Washinginton would do a job and we had no out and out left winger and arguably needed a rb. I look at the table and I see some very average teams with squads not to dissimilar to ours sitting on10-15 points than us, which is largely down to their managers playing with continuity and having some tactical nous.

If we had a Pulis, Warnock or even Karanka I think we would of been top 12 now with half a shout at flirting with the play offs.
              I think your right our strike force ( that's a chuckle ) have been lacking but was the reason for not bringing in one or two last summer was due to the size of the squad we had , the manager bought in Scowens and Baptiste that have so far done their fair share in helping us to where we are ,BOS along with Smythe imo is going to be a big players for us , we bought Smith in last January a player I'm not overly convinced with but make no mistake without his goals last season we'd have gone down ! , Again just my opinion but I think our plss poor transfer activity over the past 2/3years stoped us from building a better squad for this season , for me in reality we need at least 3 forwards but are the ones we've got going to move on to allow that ? Me I'd like to see 5/6 more go in june

Comment

Not sure the next 2 or 3 windows are going to be any better than this one that has just gone. There will be no real investment at the club while we have the current chairman and board.

Comment

Great result its the points that matter as Ginger says.

Enjoying the result but we are still in the mix ok outsiders
                  but still in the mix so dont count your chickens.....

Comment

Ireland, Wales, France & Scotland have ALL lost to Italy in the past. Scotland more than once.
                    England have never lost to Italy (and yes, I waited for the game to finish before posting this.....)

Comment

Would Karanka be better than Ollie? I don't know. Sometimes managers have success with one club but then fail to achieve it with a similar but different club. I might be bias, but I like Ollie. We won't be relegated with him, and I like the club focusing this year on youth. I think that Warnock would have had us in the play-offs at the worst, and think that Gary Rowett would do well, but all other names would be a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                        Would Karanka be better than Ollie? I don't know. Sometimes managers have success with one club but then fail to achieve it with a similar but different club. I might be bias, but I like Ollie. We won't be relegated with him, and I like the club focusing this year on youth. I think that Warnock would have had us in the play-offs at the worst, and think that Gary Rowett would do well, but all other names would be a gamble.
                        No youth in yesterday's starting 11. Experienced players and 4-4-2 will keep us safe, not youth. I would play Oteh or BOS before Washington though.

Comment

You wouldn't have had the youths playing at all if Mackie had not got injured. Also Robinson would never had been tried at CB if it wasn't for injuries.

Comment

Still. Crucial result.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Not sure the next 2 or 3 windows are going to be any better than this one that has just gone. There will be no real investment at the club while we have the current chairman and board.
                              There won't be any real investment with ANY board because of past mistakes and the FFP thing. I really can't understand what people don't get about that.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                I think your right our strike force ( that's a chuckle ) have been lacking but was the reason for not bringing in one or two last summer was due to the size of the squad we had , the manager bought in Scowens and Baptiste that have so far done their fair share in helping us to where we are ,BOS along with Smythe imo is going to be a big players for us , we bought Smith in last January a player I'm not overly convinced with but make no mistake without his goals last season we'd have gone down ! , Again just my opinion but I think our plss poor transfer activity over the past 2/3years stoped us from building a better squad for this season , for me in reality we need at least 3 forwards but are the ones we've got going to move on to allow that ? Me I'd like to see 5/6 more go in june

You have a valid point about the big squad, but this could have been reduced. there was no need to bring in Lua Lua (he wasn't exactly a success last season). Boryusik was obviously not rated by Holloway, neither was Ngaboto. so that is 3 players not needed, and that is before getting down the number of youngsters he did not rate and finally released in January.

He could have cut the squad by at least 7 players (8 if Caulker was shown the door as reported that he would be in the papers last summer), and that would have allowed for another striker to be signed along with a wingback.

Comment

Working...
                                X