Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I’m not one of those fans who believes things have massively improved from the last regime. There is still next to no entertaining football and it’s in the main very hard to watch however saying that credit where is is due we have managed to find a way of not losing as an example we have gone 6games without a win and I have no doubt last season that would have been six defeats (as we saw) but we dig out a draw now which is progress
    Just saw the brief highlights and amazed with you being there you find theres no entertainment westy! so youd rather have jimmys style hardly ever attacking? and we are dominating games and just not finishing chances & that will change, but also with dominating and creating plenty we arent losing loads either! & the ones we have lost we have been unlucky in aswell as some draws we should of won!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I’m not one of those fans who believes things have massively improved from the last regime. There is still next to no entertaining football and it’s in the main very hard to watch however saying that credit where is is due we have managed to find a way of not losing as an example we have gone 6games without a win and I have no doubt last season that would have been six defeats (as we saw) but we dig out a draw now which is progress
      I think Ollie is doing slightly better in terms of a win ratio, but I think Jimmy picked up a few more points per game as a result of a load of boring draws. Calibre of football under both managers has been mostly dire.

What I will say is that JFH had a far larger operating budget than Ollie has had this last year. Ollie deserves credit for being able to put together a half decent squad on a shoe string!

Comment

Mind you you have said before youre not too fussed about entertainment aslong as we get a win

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Mind you you have said before youre not too fussed about entertainment aslong as we get a win
          I'm the same mate. Will stomach football that isn't the easiest on the eye, as long as we can find a way to win. No point trying to play champagne football if you are leaking goals and your strikers can't find a way to score.

Comment

And there lies the problem it’s not entertaing neither do we win so not great combination in all honesty

On other post mate no yesterday, speaking personally, was not entertaining it was rather drab. Yes we had few shots but none of them looked like going in or got you off your seat they were all weak efforts. Lots of shots does not necessarily mean entertainment you could take 100 shots from hallwayline which keeper catches that’s not entertaining

The football under JFH was s hite the football under Ollie (although some try to convince themselves otherwise) remains s hite just marginally less s hite then what went before. Would rather in all honesty not watch s hite from either but accept it is what it is but if your going serve s hite up at least throw a win in here and there to make it slightly bearable

Comment

• All we ask as Rangers supporters is a bit of entertainment with a win or two and a bit of skill thrown in for good measure. Our early promise is just that and looks like a tough old winter lies ahead. Not sure either manager would be my choice and there in lies the problem at the whole club. Wrong recruitment on and off the field from Redknapp going has killed the club.

Comment

And there lies the problem it’s not entertaing neither do we win so not great combination in all honesty

On other post mate no yesterday, speaking personally, was not entertaining it was rather drab. Yes we had few shots but none of them looked like going in or got you off your seat they were all weak efforts. Lots of shots does not necessarily mean entertainment you could take 100 shots from hallwayline which keeper catches that’s not entertaining

The football under JFH was s hite the football under Ollie (although some try to convince themselves otherwise) remains s hite just marginally less s hite then what went before. Would rather in all honesty not watch s hite from either but accept it is what it is but if your going serve s hite up at least throw a win in here and there to make it slightly bearable
                You were at the game so have pretty much all the clout to call this and tbh I am gutted. Quite happy with the result but if the performance is dire against a struggling Sunderland manager then maybe Holloway isn't the man. I hate stats and I think tarbs and Nasser are wrong to use them 90% of the time but it does seem confusing. West you might be surprised to hear we had 17shots at goal, a huge 12 of these on target, a huge 70.59%. I know you think I am thick so I threw that in but surely that shows attacking threat. Is there in your opinion because you do seem honest any hope you could take from yesterday?
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• I don’t think your thick I think your a WUM

I walked away gutted WeAre as that was a shockingly poor Sunderland side which were there for the taking had the manager been brave instead of going same old. Yes there were positives don’t get me wrong I’m not saying we were awful yesterday as we were not and we were by far the better side. Positives were we completely controlled the game other then short spells but for all the control we do nothing with it. We didnt really create any clear cut opportunities and for whatever the stats say about shots they were not true goal scoring shots just token gesture

I think Lynch is dire but he played solidly, bright was lively, smithies sound as is the norm but we until bright came on have zero pace in side and currently were just out working sides so staying in game instead of taking games to teams

Comment

I don’t think your thick I think your a WUM

I walked away gutted WeAre as that was a shockingly poor Sunderland side which were there for the taking had the manager been brave instead of going same old. Yes there were positives don’t get me wrong I’m not saying we were awful yesterday as we were not and we were by far the better side. Positives were we completely controlled the game other then short spells but for all the control we do nothing with it. We didnt really create any clear cut opportunities and for whatever the stats say about shots they were not true goal scoring shots just token gesture

I think Lynch is dire but he played solidly, bright was lively, smithies sound as is the norm but we until bright came on have zero pace in side and currently were just out working sides so staying in game instead of taking games to teams
                    Sounds a pretty fair assessment, thank you
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      You were at the game so have pretty much all the clout to call this and tbh I am gutted. Quite happy with the result but if the performance is dire against a struggling Sunderland manager then maybe Holloway isn't the man. I hate stats and I think tarbs and Nasser are wrong to use them 90% of the time but it does seem confusing. West you might be surprised to hear we had 17shots at goal, a huge 12 of these on target, a huge 70.59%. I know you think I am thick so I threw that in but surely that shows attacking threat. Is there in your opinion because you do seem honest any hope you could take from yesterday?
                      I'm not a believer in overuse of stats either mate. But the win ratio is the 1 stat that genuinely counts as a manager. I'm only leaning on it on this thread to make a point. Pinkie was backing Ollie up, saying we need to be patient, things will improve etc, etc. The point I am making is that history across the last 10 years suggests that things will not improve, and what we have seen across the last 11 months in terms of results, is more or less the same as the results Ollie has been getting everywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        I'm not a believer in overuse of stats either mate. But the win ratio is the 1 stat that genuinely counts as a manager. I'm only leaning on it on this thread to make a point. Pinkie was backing Ollie up, saying we need to be patient, things will improve etc, etc. The point I am making is that history across the last 10 years suggests that things will not improve, and what we have seen across the last 11 months in terms of results, is more or less the same as the results Ollie has been getting everywhere else.
                        Now i get what youre saying but its also contradictory saying history across the last so many years as he got promoted twice lol, unless that was out of the last 10 year cap youre putting on it!

Comment

Now i get what youre saying but its also contradictory saying history across the last so many years as he got promoted twice lol, unless that was out of the last 10 year cap youre putting on it!
                          Like I said earlier, there is no denying that Ollie did a very good job at Blackpool. He also went on a really good run in his promotion season at Palace. I'm not saying it's impossible for a run like that to happen again. Just as it isn't impossible for him to go on an extended poor run like his time at Millwall.

The point I'm making is that across a longer period of time, his win ratio with us in the last 11 months is almost identical to his cumulative win ratio across all clubs he's been at in the last 10 years. As such, his performance since returning is neither better or worse than the vast majority of the last 10 years of his career. It is in fact a near perfect reflection of his performance for the last 10 years, and as such I think it's a bit naive to expect things to improve drastically.

Comment

• Almost all our shots on target I have seen harder backpasses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Like I said earlier, there is no denying that Ollie did a very good job at Blackpool. He also went on a really good run in his promotion season at Palace. I'm not saying it's impossible for a run like that to happen again. Just as it isn't impossible for him to go on an extended poor run like his time at Millwall.

The point I'm making is that across a longer period of time, his win ratio with us in the last 11 months is almost identical to his cumulative win ratio across all clubs he's been at in the last 10 years. As such, his performance since returning is neither better or worse than the vast majority of the last 10 years of his career. It is in fact a near perfect reflection of his performance for the last 10 years, and as such I think it's a bit naive to expect things to improve drastically.
                              Nothings a given tarbs and the fact hes been there and done it for me suggests it could always happen again, but it wont happen in 2 games especially not buying any dearer quality players, but hes done well signings wise so far but wont happen overnight, if some of our fans had there own way he`d be gone now but it is how it is as sir jimmy used to say

Comment

Nothings a given tarbs and the fact hes been there and done it for me suggests it could always happen again, but it wont happen in 2 games especially not buying any dearer quality players, but hes done well signings wise so far but wont happen overnight, if some of our fans had there own way he`d be gone now but it is how it is as sir jimmy used to say
                                Like I say mate, I think now would be a really bad time to get rid of him. Whoever comes in next would probably want his own coaching team, as well as a budget for players in January. He'd probably want to shift a few players too. It's a total false economy to keep sacking managers every 12-18 months, cos every manager takes another 6-12 months to get things how they want it. It's just a vicious circle.

That doesn't mean that we should have unrealistic expectations, and without meaning to have a go, I really do think you have unrealistic expectations when Ollie is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X