Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Mass was not with us season we dropped or I never thought he was
    Sorry, I meant the season after we dropped.

Henry and Luongo were in the same side in 2015/16

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      What's to lol about you and everybody else knows he's been crap for two and a half years ? Ok you recognized there was a player in there but doesn't mean he played well for time apart from the odd game here and there
      More lol
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Scowen and Freeman both played fairly well today from what I heard but we were clearly missing someone...
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Scowen and Freeman both played fairly well today from what I heard but we were clearly missing someone...
          We were 100% missing Luongo today.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Scowen and Freeman both played fairly well today from what I heard but we were clearly missing someone...
            Didn't see that coming.

Comment

• Luongo is the guy who plays the second assist. When we score, Freeman or someone ahead of him will get the assist, but the person smart enough to give them the ball in a dangerous position is Luongo. Without him, we're so empty offensively

Comment

• Big up Luongo all you like, but he wasnt the reason we didnt win today. Thats due to the fact we have pretty much no goal threat. If you think we would have won just because Luongo was playing i think your a bit deluded. Scowen and Freeman still played well without Luongo, does Luongo still play well without Scowen or Freeman?

Comment

• Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                  Big up Luongo all you like, but he wasnt the reason we didnt win today. Thats due to the fact we have pretty much no goal threat. If you think we would have won just because Luongo was playing i think your a bit deluded. Scowen and Freeman still played well without Luongo, does Luongo still play well without Scowen or Freeman?
                  He did against Boro when Scowen didn't play...
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Luongo is much improved. And has been great this season. His discovery of penicillin, however, is what stands out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Luongo is much improved. And has been great this season. His discovery of penicillin, however, is what stands out.
                      I dunno man, I think him discovering electricity was a bigger one

Comment

• LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Luongo is much improved. And has been great this season. His discovery of penicillin, however, is what stands out.

Comment

Luongo is the guy who plays the second assist. When we score, Freeman or someone ahead of him will get the assist, but the person smart enough to give them the ball in a dangerous position is Luongo. Without him, we're so empty offensively
                            WHAT BOLLO(KS,, Smithies can claim 3rd 4th 5th 2nd 8th most when he just hoofs it up the pitch, 2nd assist never heard so much waffle in my life,

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              WHAT BOLLO(KS,, Smithies can claim 3rd 4th 5th 2nd 8th most when he just hoofs it up the pitch, 2nd assist never heard so much waffle in my life,

I wonder who has the most passes to Luongo to claim 3rd assist ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                                I wouldn't expect you to agree seeing as career on this site is to complain. Let me give you an example.

David Silva has got over 10 league assists in just two season since joining Man City, yet he's still considered one of the best midfielders in the league. Why? Because he plays the second assist, defined by opta as:

A pass/cross that is instrumental in creating a goal-scoring opportunity, for example a corner or free-kick to a player who then assists an attempt, a chance-creating through ball or cross into a dangerous position.

Now, I'm inclined to side with the fact that opta define it as a valuable measurable asset, as opposed to siding with someone on a website who isn't my biggest fan.

The second assist is vital and it's clear from the Burton game. Prior to the match, Freeman had played 2 key passes a game on average. Against Burton? None, reason being of course no one was giving him the ball in positions where he can create chances. People talk about how much Scowen gives the other two freedom to attack, I think this more than anything proves that Luongo is the teeth of our midfield and without him in the side, we're toothless going forward (comparably)

Comment

Working...
                                X