Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    This x 100.

    Because he isn't good enough to play lone striker and very few in the country are. Hope Ollie doesn't try that again.

    Smith should be a hold up guy from the start if we need, or off the bench, that rotates from another striker, alongside a poacher.


    I thought the whole point of bringing smith in was to partner him with Washington and ollies barely done that which bemuses me. As you said to play smith as a lone striker just doesn't make sense to me. Certainly from the start of games anyway.

    Comment


    • #17
      If you have Smith as lone striker you need 2 wingers that are going to put the ball in the box for him to attack all day.

      Comment


      • #18
        Lynch is a massive part of the problem - he's awful under pressure, so lumps up there every single time.

        I do feel a bit sorry for Smith, the last few games I've been to where him and Washington have been up top, Washington is always miles away from him, so any flick on is wasted.

        Comment


        • #19
          drop lynch and smith or tell them they have team mates

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
            Lynch is a massive part of the problem - he's awful under pressure, so lumps up there every single time.

            I do feel a bit sorry for Smith, the last few games I've been to where him and Washington have been up top, Washington is always miles away from him, so any flick on is wasted.
            Begs question what do they work in in training. Also God question Washington or whoever is playing with Smith as if you know ball is going to get launched why are you not play around or off your partner

            Comment


            • #21
              Bit concerning that Smith seems to be plan A now, rather than a different option.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Bit concerning that Smith seems to be plan A now, rather than a different option.
                Personally don't see anything wrong with that at all, Smith is a handy player. As west says above, it begs the question wtf do we work on in training. Smith and Washington up top together could and should work well and would be my first choice strike force .
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Handy option no doubt, and while my opinion of him has changed somewhat from when there was talk of signing him, he is extremely limited. This means our team falls into the trap of playing one dimensional, predictable football.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    Handy option no doubt, and while my opinion of him has changed somewhat from when there was talk of signing him, he is extremely limited. This means our team falls into the trap of playing one dimensional, predictable football.
                    Know what you're saying norths, but given where we are as a club, I think having a little and large forward pairing is more than adequate. Teams like Fulham (who play far better football than we can) will only ever utilise Smith as a bit part player because they can afford to, whereas we can't employee a 'silky football' plan A as we simply aren't good enough .
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thought we played some decent stuff with Cilla or Denzel up top just before Smith became a permanent fixture in the team.

                      Of course, since then we've also seen Pawal come in and out of the team, as well as Mackie (both played a big part during that run).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        drop lynch and smith or tell them they have team mates
                        This. Fine Lynch every time he aimlessly wellies it forward.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          drop lynch and smith or tell them they have team mates
                          Smith is doing fine if we play to his strengths with decent wing play and crosses. He's no Zamora though. Holding the ball up with back to goal is not his game.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X