Blackburn next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackburn next

Uh oh- Blackburn next game,they haven't won a game yet,they're bottom of the league with us to play next,teams that are on a bad run that have us to face next generally break their duck and we usually oblige,so could be a potential banana skin. Its the Rangers way typically.

Playing solid away is grand and seems to be working well - at home we've got to play with less fear and more width

Comment

Home games 442. 2 wingers with cousins and luongo in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
        Home games 442. 2 wingers with cousins and luongo in the middle.
        Formation doesn't matter. Playing 442 when one striker hasn't scored a league goal yet is less dangerous than a 4231 with goalscorers all round.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Formation doesn't matter. Playing 442 when one striker hasn't scored a league goal yet is less dangerous than a 4231 with goalscorers all round.
          Assuming Chery is in the number 10 role, how many league goals have the other 2 players in the 3 behind the striker got?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            Assuming Chery is in the number 10 role, how many league goals have the other 2 players in the 3 behind the striker got?
            So far they've got none but Yeni has been scoring with regularity and is a danger to opposition in general. If one of those players is Shodipo, I'll be more expectant of assists and delivery as opposed to goals. As long as someone is scoring, I'm happy at the end of the day, but I don't think you're any more likely to score in a 442 than in a 4231
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So far they've got none but Yeni has been scoring with regularity and is a danger to opposition in general. If one of those players is Shodipo, I'll be more expectant of assists and delivery as opposed to goals. As long as someone is scoring, I'm happy at the end of the day, but I don't think you're any more likely to score in a 442 than in a 4231
              I dont know whether 442 or 4231 would yield more goals, I was just pointing out your logic was flawed. Probably down to your dislike for washington. To say Yeni has been scoring with regularity is also flawed (and a bit of a reach) as so was washington. 4231 will be the formation as that is Jimmys formation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                I dont know whether 442 or 4231 would yield more goals, I was just pointing out your logic was flawed. Probably down to your dislike for washington. To say Yeni has been scoring with regularity is also flawed (and a bit of a reach) as so was washington. 4231 will be the formation as that is Jimmys formation.
                Yes my imaginary dislike of Washington, you still going on about that? I don't rate him, it's not a dislike of him. Yeni will adapt to English football with game time and he already looks more dangerous on the ball and with movement than CW did in his few matches. Point being, I just don't think playing a 442 at home will be any improvement and may be going backwards relative to what we have going now.

Comment

Nas, Were you at the last two league games when Yeni was a danger to the opposition? As I never saw it yesterday or last week and both games I watched with a clear head!

Comment

Yeni has been scoring with regularity and is a danger to opposition in general
                    He might do both in the real world if the manager sussed out that wrong sided wingers is yesterdays news, makes everything too narrow, closes down options, results in crosses from harmless areas towards front men who are back to goal while eliminating by-line wide play which SP could benefit from while facing the right way, i.e. their net.... seems like the last time we got any winger/wide man in a dangerous area was Hoillet for Bobby.

A prime example of naive tactical thinking, wrong side wingers are associated with one up top because they supposedly offer link up options. But its all so predictable and easy to read. What used to happen was that wingers swapped at will, that way you combined cut in AND by-line options. Lovely and flexible.

Comment

There manager wears shorts on touchline and pulls his socks up to his knees only one outcome Home win

Comment

and he already looks more dangerous on the ball and with movement .
                        Wow

I have seen dead bodies with more movement then he showed yesterday. He may well come good and I'm hopeful he will Nas but your talking some proper runny poo if you think he's shown movement and been dangerous last two games as he's been the opposite

More chance of positive movement from a man with erectile problems then Yeni yesterday

Comment

Pony in both games and as I do not booze both games were with a clear head

Comment

Not sure why people bother giving nass the time of the day. He is a complete stats nerd with absolutely zero footballing knowledge. West your last pt did however sum it up and make me chuckle which was good.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I have asked the question when was Yeni dangerous in the last 2 league games? CW gets coated constantly by Nas but yet he thinks this guy has been a danger!

Comment

Working...
                              X