Dembele to Celtic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dembele to Celtic

Wow big move for Celtic taking Dembele from Fulham.

Good signing for the league, as well as Celtic.
    Very surprised to see him head up there, but expect a move back south in 2-3 years for a large fee.

Comment

£500,000 is that right??

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        £500,000 is that right??
        An absolute bargain if that is the figure, would be surprized if it is that fee
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Bit of a Come down Spurs to Celtic

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
            An absolute bargain if that is the figure, would be surprized if it is that fee
            I'm sure I saw that yesterday somewhere.

Didn't they turn doewn £4m from Spurs because they didn't want to loan him back out? Chelsea, Arsenal etc reported interested too by all accounts. Great signing for that league.

Comment

Update;

Celtic will pay only a £500,000 development fee to Fulham for the highly-rated Dembele, who says it is "unreal" to be Brendan Rodgers' first signing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36659505

Comment

Bizarre Jimmy why would Fulham turn down was it £6mil last season and get half mil this season. Run like us by the sounds of it

Comment

what surprises me is the lack of ambition from Dembele
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    He probably feels he can have a couple of years there, score a few goals, play in the champions league and get noticed by a bigger club and move on then.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                      He probably feels he can have a couple of years there, score a few goals, play in the champions league and get noticed by a bigger club and move on then.
                      yes, you're probably right, 19 years old he has time on his side
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        52,000 season ticket holders, Champions league football, great stage for a young player.

Coming to a club like QPR would be 50 times worse in fairness.

Comment

For those getting confused, this is not the Tottenham and Belgium midfielder. This is the Fulham striker. Scored a fair few goals last year.

Dont make sense in my mind why they are selling for £500k. If a contract running out issue, then surely they would get more in comp as he is so young.

Think that scottish div is now worse than the championship, so yes he gets to pi$$ a league and get to the qualifying stages of champions league, but really is a step down in my mind.

Comment

Probably feels he wants to play football rather than become another Spurs nowhere kid

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Bizarre Jimmy why would Fulham turn down was it £6mil last season and get half mil this season. Run like us by the sounds of it
                              He's out of contract, hence the development fee but agree that Fulham were silly to turn down the money last season. They took a risk that has backfired.

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              52,000 season ticket holders, Champions league football, great stage for a young player.

Coming to a club like QPR would be 50 times worse in fairness.
                              Gotta get through the qualifying rounds first haven't they? How longs it been since they made it into the champions league proper?

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                              For those getting confused, this is not the Tottenham and Belgium midfielder. This is the Fulham striker. Scored a fair few goals last year. .
                              I get the impression all that have posted in here knew it is the Fulham lad. Bit hard to forget him after the home game last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X