No announcement yet.

Which club has 33 players out on loan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which club has 33 players out on loan?

While the mind boggled at a record £870m Premier League spend during the summer transfer window, another statistic caught the eye from a club that was relatively prudent.

Chelsea's net outlay amounted to £38m - the fourth-highest in the Premier League - but Nathaniel Chalobah's move to Napoli took the number of Blues players out on loan to 33.

The club are not breaking any rules, and it is a pattern repeated across Europe, with Juventus reportedly owning an additional 58 players not in their first-team squad.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34125476

And THAT is how the greedy rich teams manage to keep even more of the money for themselves - by getting lower league teams to develop their players for them and then not paying any transfer fee. Thirty three players out on loan? How can that be allowed?
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

It's morally questionable but with FFP it's the only way they can come close to competing financially with the likes of Man Utd. Great business model for a club of their size to be honest.

Plus other big clubs stockpile players - Juventus must have a similar amount on loan and the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca etc. all have B teams where they can develop youngsters. I'd rather Chelsea did this than had a B team playing in the Championship.

Comment

Your thread headline cud have read.WHICH ODIOUS MUGSPLAY IN SW6
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        Your thread headline cud have read.WHICH ODIOUS MUGSPLAY IN SW6
        Yeah but everybody knows the answer to that!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Double edged sword
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Been going on for years. Chelsea have affiliated clubs across Europe that are stocked with their players. Look at when Vitesse Arnhem played Southampton a few weeks ago in the Europa league, they had more English players in their team then Southampton.

Comment

Lovely people at Chelscum most have never heard of Jimmy Greaves let alone Know he is a former player.How can they & Spurs not support his needs now only £30000 needed we raised more for Stan & Alzheimers over 1 weekend disgusting!!!!

Comment

Everyone knows that the big teams do this, there should be a rule change that Prem teams can't loan to Prem teams, then quite a lot of these players wouldn't go to these teams because they won't be able to play in the Premiership, and would have to drop down the leagues which they wouldn't want to do?

Comment

Definitely need to change the rules, its just plain wrong
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

If it suits the big teams, don't expect anything to change.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      If it suits the big teams, don't expect anything to change.
                      Exactly this, its just like FFP, its only designed to increase the separation between the best and everyone else.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We will be doing it soon, we will probally have 10+ out on loan over the next few weeks, 30 odd is excessive but as mentioned above, I would rather this than a B team.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          We will be doing it soon, we will probally have 10+ out on loan over the next few weeks, 30 odd is excessive but as mentioned above, I would rather this than a B team.
                          I think the difference is the quality of players, Ours go out on loan with the hope of getting in the first team here. Chelsea and clubs like them loan out players to sell them when they get back without playing them in the first team.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

chelsea and man city are everything thats wrong with football . i speak to loads of chelsea fans around my parts but none of them go , most say they can't afford it . i know a fella that calls himself chelsea mark , two chelsea daves and a chelsea bob but none of them go. their are kids playing football outside where i live many of them dressed in the tacky kit but speaking to them they don't even know how to get to stamford bridge . success in football makes a massive divide between players and fans , its now so much about money money money .

Comment

Working...
                            X