Hull effects on us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hull effects on us.

I know it is nearly over now, however, if we look back to the games we played during the season, I take both the Hull games as the main reason for our position. They took SIX points from us when it could easily has been the other way round. At home we missed a penalty and should have won. Away it was Barton turn when again we were the better side.

Hull out!!
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I wonder what the table would be like if we added in everyone else's bad luck

Comment

I would blame an unbalanced squad combined with players being played out of position and redknapp not being given the axe earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          I take both the Hull games as the main reason for our position
          Not the main reason just symptomatic of our inability to beat teams and secure the points

I have lost count of the games this season (including hull home and away) against teams just as poor as us, that we've been capable of getting a result from but haven't

Comment

Cheer up Martin, the Championship isn't bad. Better than the Prem IMHO, except for those who drool at the chance to be on the same pitch as the mighty Manchesters or the Champions Chelski. See other threads for the positives, which are many.

As for the two games with Hull: even if we'd scored the pen in the first game and held on in the second it would affect them more than us: we'd still be going down but so would they.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
              Cheer up Martin, the Championship isn't bad. Better than the Prem IMHO, except for those who drool at the chance to be on the same pitch as the mighty Manchesters or the Champions Chelski. See other threads for the positives, which are many.

As for the two games with Hull: even if we'd scored the pen in the first game and held on in the second it would affect them more than us: we'd still be going down but so would they.
              QPR will find life in the Championship very difficult imo.apart from the 2 recent promotion seasons the rest have ranged from mediocre to dire.

Comment

Don't know if true,but heard someone say the other day that we had lost 10 points in the last 10 mins of games...
                I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                  Don't know if true,but heard someone say the other day that we had lost 10 points in the last 10 mins of games...
                  Correct it was on MoTD I think. If you blame the 2 Hull games you could also include Everton or West Ham as they both played badly against us twice this season. You could also blame Austin with his 2 penalty misses. Blame the club for not getting a striker in Jan transfer window. etc etc etc.

Comment

Murphy summed it up for me about rangers late concedings. It has nothing to do with fitness because if you lack quality you'll find yourself chasing more balls than the opposition
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I blame Bobby Zamora scoring at Wembley for this disastrous season!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        QPR will find life in the Championship very difficult imo.apart from the 2 recent promotion seasons the rest have ranged from mediocre to dire.
                        True, but those seasons were a different era and regime to now, which strangely some people want us to go back to.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                          I wonder what the table would be like if we added in everyone else's bad luck
                          Ah, but our bad luck is a cunning plot to do us down, whereas their bad luck is just, well, bad luck....

Comment

Sensible post Stan. C'ship ain't gonna be fun.

Comment

As opposed to the 3 seasons in the Premier League, which have all been wonderful???
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X