Team selection.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team selection.....

4 central defenders, 3 defensiveminded CMF in a game we have to win? Not using Taarabt in the last 15-20 minutes.....This was a formation-selection for the games against Pool and Man C, not against a very por WHUFC. Can't understand it. Please enlighten me Mr Ramsey.....

I love the fact we play Henry instead of hoilett on the left. To me that shows Ramsey knows what's he is doing.

I know the above statement is crazy in its sentiments but Ramsey knows that hoilett is pointless. He also knows we don't have the players available to play there. With Vargas out and fer returning he has opted for a grafter. Rather than play hoilett who doesn't track or loses Balls in attacking positions.

He also revitalised Phillips. Fer looked a lot better under him albeit it 1 game. But Ramsey played hi in the right position.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I love the fact we play Henry instead of hoilett on the left. To me that shows Ramsey knows what's he is doing.

I know the above statement is crazy in its sentiments but Ramsey knows that hoilett is pointless. He also knows we don't have the players available to play there. With Vargas out and fer returning he has opted for a grafter. Rather than play hoilett who doesn't track or loses Balls in attacking positions.

He also revitalised Phillips. Fer looked a lot better under him albeit it 1 game. But Ramsey played hi in the right position.
      Really - you think that Henry is our best right winger (out of position).
      Going your way I love the fact that we play Hill instead of Yun on the left exspecially with Henry in front of him, it would really keep opponent occupied with this bit treath - is shows that Ramsey knows what he is doing.

I know it is a crazy statement but Ramsey knows that Yun is useless and Hill has a lot more pace.

Comment

Everyone, bar Green, Joey, Sandro and Phillips is a square peg in a round hole. And three were played totally out of position. But that's Harry's legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Everyone, bar Green, Joey, Sandro and Phillips is a square peg in a round hole. And three were played totally out of position. But that's Harry's legacy.
          Austin, Caulker, traore? Striker, Centre back and nowhere near the team. Seems like we are doing it fairly well.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Austin, Caulker, traore? Striker, Centre back and nowhere near the team. Seems like we are doing it fairly well.
            Brilliantly I would say. As our league placing attests.

Comment

Come on - we all know that we lack pace
              Today - of all matches he picks all the slovest players we have bar Kranjcar - I wonder why he did not play instead of Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                Really - you think that Henry is our best right winger (out of position).
                Going your way I love the fact that we play Hill instead of Yun on the left exspecially with Henry in front of him, it would really keep opponent occupied with this bit treath - is shows that Ramsey knows what he is doing.

I know it is a crazy statement but Ramsey knows that Yun is useless and Hill has a lot more pace.
                That's not what I have said at all. I know Henry isn't our best winger ffs he's a bloody cm. if anything I'm highlighting as is Ramsey how poorly equipped we are in that position. we haven't got a lw available that's worth playing. Hoilett is pointless, Kranjar ain't fit enough and neither is adel. Henry has been played because he grafts his nuts off and I'd prefer him to play there than hoilett all day long. I understand ramseys sentiments behind making that choice.

Now fers back I think he might be pushed out on the left again as we don't have anyone we can overalls trust in that position.

Comment

For me - for this match Hoilet or Traore all day instead of Henry and believe we do have some youngsters that would have done better job than Henry today. CR to blame for making this so easy for WestH

Comment

Playing Henry on the wing is inviting the opposition to attack you on that side. Their winger doesnt need to track back and their full back can concentrate on attacking as Henry isnt going to give him any problems. Pointless in a must win game against a team who are there for the taking. Also playing 4 centre backs against West hams 1 striker who is known for his pace rather than hold up/aerial game isnt best advised either. Ramsey got some decisions wrong today

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                      For me - for this match Hoilet or Traore all day instead of Henry and believe we do have some youngsters that would have done better job than Henry today. CR to blame for making this so easy for WestH
                      And if he had played either of these, their inevitable poor performances would have had people on here asking what the hell Ramsey was thinking playing useless players. He cant win.
                      For the record, Henry did well out of position I thought.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        And if he had played either of these, their inevitable poor performances would have had people on here asking what the hell Ramsey was thinking playing useless players. He cant win.
                        For the record, Henry did well out of position I thought.
                        Henry can play every position behind the striker to an acceptable level i think. He seems like the perfect utility player for us now.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Its all irrelevant now as we are down bar a David v Goliath style upset!...enjoy the ashes summer and look forward to being competitive in the championship!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Today was a must win, Hoillet or Traore don't defend like Henry but we should've gone for it. The who squad is a shambles. I cannot believe that we are starting with that back 4 in 2015.

Comment

When will people realise that htoilett and Traore end up being liabilities. Like I've said Ramsey knows this he knows we are so weak in this position his best bet is to put a cm on the lw.

Why play htoilett! He hasn't done anything all year. He can't pick out a cross or pass often just runs at defenders and then loses the ball and we get countered.
                              Henry isn't a winger we all know that but he cares and works his nuts of and takes his defensive duties seriously. Don't get me wrong I would of preferred to lose yesterday's ga,e by going for it as a point is pointless to ,e.

But my argument would of been to go 4 3 3 -

Sandro Henry Barton

Phillips Austin adel/fer.

Fer obviously didn't start as he isn't fit enough, doesn't take a genius to work this out.

Comment

Working...
                              X