Sandro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandro

Was amazing today and deserves a lot of credit. Once again however, he goes off and we concede a late goal to lose the match, there have been far too many of these cases unfortunately.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Yep, I tweeted right after the substitution my concern, mentioned in another thread the goal came from an area Sandro seems to command well!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

His best game for us. A rock. I did feel at the time though that I thought the sub came at the right time, as in the previous 10 mins to him going off, he had made two mistakes, gifting passes to Chelsea. Tiredness I'd imagine.

Comment

Yes very good game whatever the outcome hope he stays next season and stays fit

Don't think we can say him going off led to the goal as there is only one direction blame should be pointed and one person responsible

Comment

I like him a lot, despite being a tad short when it comes to Fitness. I hope he will do a "Newcastle" and stay with us. He looked totally emty of steam when he went off.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Yes very good game whatever the outcome hope he stays next season and stays fit

Don't think we can say him going off led to the goal as there is only one direction blame should be pointed and one person responsible
            I think that when you look at the goal, he probably would have gotten back and put a block in or something. When you see phillips closing down the shot, I just wonder what if it was Sandro instead (nothing against phillips at all).
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

A fit Sandro will always be credit.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                I think that when you look at the goal, he probably would have gotten back and put a block in or something. When you see phillips closing down the shot, I just wonder what if it was Sandro instead (nothing against phillips at all).
                Whilst it's hard to criticise Phillips for all his great work recently, if you watch again, although he nearly got a block in, he reacted quite slowly to the danger. A defence minded player such as Sandro would have been alert to the danger far more quickly in my view. Of course the kick was really poor and put us in that situation but the scummers first touch was so heavy it took him all the way to the left edge of the pitch, almost by the goal line: plenty of time for Isla to do his job and for the auxiliary defensive midfielder to react once Isla showed him inside. Sadly that didn't happen and the rest is history, but as with all such events, people see it differently and a lot seem to take pleasure in highlighting one single player's error to enhance their view that said player is to blame for everything from the goal to global warming I prefer not to shout out loud at who I think is to blame and certainly don't point the finger at Phillips.
                Given that Phillips' has been so good since Ramsey came along makes it hard for anyone to suggest he played a part but one of the most impressive aspects of his performances has been the defensive cover he has offered and, just this once, he came up a fraction short - Green and Isla were also at fault for their roles and of course they get all the flack but I'm not putting my tin hat on for the predictable abuse that will follow as some demonstrate that all the blame falls on green for the poor kick.

All we can do is go again, provide our support to the players n the pitch and hope they can get the job done against West Ham and Newcastle, possibly steal a point off one or both nervous Champions League spot chasers and do whatever is necessary against Uncle Festa on the final day
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  Whilst it's hard to criticise Phillips for all his great work recently, if you watch again, although he nearly got a block in, he reacted quite slowly to the danger. A defence minded player such as Sandro would have been alert to the danger far more quickly in my view. Of course the kick was really poor and put us in that situation but the scummers first touch was so heavy it took him all the way to the left edge of the pitch, almost by the goal line: plenty of time for Isla to do his job and for the auxiliary defensive midfielder to react once Isla showed him inside. Sadly that didn't happen and the rest is history, but as with all such events, people see it differently and a lot seem to take pleasure in highlighting one single player's error to enhance their view that said player is to blame for everything from the goal to global warming I prefer not to shout out loud at who I think is to blame and certainly don't point the finger at Phillips.
                  Given that Phillips' has been so good since Ramsey came along makes it hard for anyone to suggest he played a part but one of the most impressive aspects of his performances has been the defensive cover he has offered and, just this once, he came up a fraction short - Green and Isla were also at fault for their roles and of course they get all the flack but I'm not putting my tin hat on for the predictable abuse that will follow as some demonstrate that all the blame falls on green for the poor kick.

All we can do is go again, provide our support to the players n the pitch and hope they can get the job done against West Ham and Newcastle, possibly steal a point off one or both nervous Champions League spot chasers and do whatever is necessary against Uncle Festa on the final day
                  I think the first paragraph and statement almost suggests exactly why we shouldn't blame Phillips at all. He is doing a secondary role defensively when it should be someone else doing that. Hence why I suggested Sandro should be there.

Comment

Our squad's paper thin in so many positions it's not possible to make "like for like" subs so when unfit players blow up or get knackered and we end up losing our shape or formation. Sunday was a perfect example of this with Bob and Sandro being withdrawn late on and compromising any chance of us putting in a big push in last 10 mins.

Comment

I agree - no intention on my part to blame Phillips and obviously my post doesn't make that clear enough. I don't feel the need to blame anyone but was merely pointing out that he would probably have got there if he had been a different person (if that makes sense). Square pegs in round holes and subs necessary because the best (and correct) person for that job is not fit enough to last 90 minutes. I guess then I can blame Redknapp for not addressing fitness and for signing someone who was never going to do 90 minutes week in week out
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hopefully he can get fit enough to last a full 90 mins and then we might not concede

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          Hopefully he can get fit enough to last a full 90 mins and then we might not concede
                          That's asking a bit much so early in the season though Hove
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

He owes us another season for sticking by him through injury

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              mentioned in another thread the goal came from an area Sandro seems to command well!
                              Sandro doesn't kick the ball from his hands

Comment

Working...
                              X