Did I watch a different game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I watch a different game?

Late last night, I was reading west and many other posters opinions.
    I found it fascinating how different they saw the game, sorry west certainly not singling you out.
    However you did make a comment about Beneteke and how villa are a 1 man team and you felt they had nothing else.
    I actually thought villa played at a good tempo and controlled the majority of the game.

Many people were feeling gutted about not getting 3pts, but I felt delighted to gain a point against on the day a better team.
    Don't get me wrong Benteke was immense and a real thorn in our team but although we did improve 2nd half when the formation changed, I felt they put us under incredible pressure and if it wasn't got Green being outstanding the game would of been lost at half time.

What I will say which is annoying because we've had some rotten luck, but if you put Fer and Vargas in that team we would of beat this villa side.

Kranjcar did do a great advert for walking football but I thought that was aimed for over 60's not premier league?!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Many people were feeling gutted about not getting 3pts, but I felt delighted to gain a point against on the day a better team.
    I think we will all feel delighted about it if we don't get relegated by 1 or 2 points.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I'm actually with you on this WeAre.

I thought villa were very good, first half especially they absolutely battered us. That young Grealish lad, Delph & Benteke in particular seemed too much for us to cope with.
      Second half we were obviously a lot better but they still created quite a few chances. Before the game I fancied the win but on the balance of play I am over the moon we came away with a point (obviously gutting to be winning with 8 mins to go and blowing it though).

Defensively though we really are some way off being PL standard, we are barely mid-table Championship in that department. Criminal to let in the amount of goals we have this season (13 more than anybody else I think!).
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        I'm actually with you on this WeAre.

I thought villa were very good, first half especially they absolutely battered us. That young Grealish lad, Delph & Benteke in particular seemed too much for us to cope with.
        Second half we were obviously a lot better but they still created quite a few chances. Before the game I fancied the win but on the balance of play I am over the moon we came away with a point (obviously gutting to be winning with 8 mins to go and blowing it though).

Defensively though we really are some way off being PL standard, we are barely mid-table Championship in that department. Criminal to let in the amount of goals we have this season (13 more than anybody else I think!).
        This. I thought Villa were excellent first half. Sanchez and Grealish were first class. Can't see how, if they play like that, they can be trouble. Lambert must be really pants.

Comment

We made villa look like a top 4 side last night/ I said to me mate our is this team fighting relegation. I thought they battered us in the first half, we seem to freeze when we are in front it's something we have to try and get to grips with
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Agree and all WeAre. They controlled the game for large parts and first half they could have been winning by a few more. Obviously going ahead with 10 or so minutes to go it's a shame we didn't hang on for the win but it was backs to the wall when they scored the 3rd so to get a point we should be thankful.

Comment

What is so special With this thread. We all saw how bad we were.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Fer and Dunney coming back will be massive boosts!!

Its going to be hard but i think Leicester, Burnley, Hull or Sunderland could go... We may just survive.

Comment

Thought the young lad Grealish was outstanding especially as I think it was his first start for Villa and Benteke had one of those games he outstands in on occasions and until we went with wing backs they dominated the midfield and then Henry coming on staggered there play and we became more confident

Before the WBA game I would have settled for 4 out of the next 6 points available but the Burnley and Sunderland results went against us so I am not sure those 4 will be enough now but at least we seem to at last be making a fight of the situation

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Fer and Dunney coming back will be massive boosts!!

Its going to be hard but i think Leicester, Burnley, Hull or Sunderland could go... We may just survive.
                    I am sure if fer has any part to play he will come on as a sub,
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Thought Villa were good, especially Grealish, Delph and Benteke but were more than capable of being beaten. Think we were lucky Sinclair was out though as his pace would have murdered our full backs.

Draw was a fair result and if we had won it would have been a robbery.
                      Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 08-04-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Thought Villa were good, especially Grealish, Delph and Benteke but were more than capable of being beaten. Think we were lucky Sinclair was out though as his pace would have murdered our full backs.

Draw was a fair result and if we had won it would have been a robbery.
                        It just goes to show with a new manager how things can change, and villa have the players it's unbelievable they are in a relegation battle
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

villa bossed the game in midfield for long periods but we stood up , all in all they just shaded it so not to unhappy with a point

Comment

First half they were the better side, no complaints. Second half was even for me. Villa have a lot of the ball but create next to nothing clear chances wise.

Not sure on the point about Green keeping us in it. Despite villa 'battering' us as some have said, I can only recall a save from Grealish first half? Agbonlahor and Benteke with headers just wide but nothing Green had to do with in those instances. Second half another save from a comfortable Grealish shot, can't remember anything else except cutting out a cross?

As I said for all their possession, they don't create anything of note. Villa will stay up but only just. If teams can handle Benteke then Villa struggle to get goals, it's a proven fact. Hopefully in their remaining games, teams handle him better than we did!

Actually thought Grealish was their best player, took up some very intelligent positions for one so inexperienced, a bright talent.

Comment

Don't want to be negative but it the standard of football on display was absolutely woeful.

Both defences were absolute crap, looked like a bunch of school kids. Neither Ramsey nor Sherwood should be managing a team in the top flight, let alone one of the supposed best leagues in the world. It was russian roulette, both teams proper winged it and rode their luck at times... Villa looked decent in the first half because they pressed us and we looked so lost when we did have the ball, but honestly that match was a mess.

No idea how people expect us to challenge Chelsea at LR based on that showing... Still, that point could be pretty useful at the end of the season, I think we really needed those 3 points though.

Comment

Working...
                              X