rob green / gareth ainsworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rob green / gareth ainsworth

one of my boys saw green in the train station at barnes in the week . he called his name said green turned looked at him and walked away. one of my other sons who was 12 saw ainsworth called him and gareth came over . son said he was rangers and told me gareth chatted with him for 5 mins about rangers . it made the kids day . thats the problem with the superstars we have playing for us today they have no time for the fans . i sat on a coach for 5 hours to hull and only traore came over to us fans after ..... i feel nothing for these half hearted over paid losers at the club ... i've heard excuses from hughes , rednapp and now this joker ramsey . there is a massive divide between players and fans ... i also follow borrusia dortmund as a sort of hobby when they were bottom of the bundesliga early in the season the fans were still with them they could see they were trying and to a man they would go to the fans and applaud them at the end of the game ....... dortmund played away yesterday they took 10,000 supporters

seem to remember ,back in the halcyon days of 89 ,sharing a jamaican woodbine ,with a few of the south london rangers , ,sitting on the wall down bloemfontain rd ,in between dodging hot rocks on my naf naf puffa , our affable goalkeeper Dave Seaman was strolling down the road ,Andy from Colliers Wood called out to him,like the simple northerner he was ( Dave ,not Andy ),came over and said hello ,Andy asked him straight faced ,something along the lines of " we gonna win today " dave said cheerfully ,"probably " ,Andy said " reckon your called up for England ?" Dave smiled , Andy then said " why have you got a tache like a f uckin northern bender ? " we creased up ,Dave hurried round the corner down SAR very quickly .......
    I`m recounting this story just to say ,that the players dont know what they are going to get ,by saying hello to supporters in the street ,you might get freindly little kidslike 72s boys ,or mouthy coming down heediots like we were...............
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

i get that vesps but my boy was on his own he's 14 , wouldn't have hurt green to smile or wave

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        i get that vesps but my boy was on his own he's 14 , wouldn't have hurt green to smile or wave
        true 72 ,theyre proper up theyre own a rse these days ,make you right, thers a big difference
        Last edited by vespa; 23-03-2015, 12:23 AM.
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          seem to remember ,back in the halcyon days of 89 ,sharing a jamaican woodbine ,with a few of the south london rangers , ,sitting on the wall down bloemfontain rd ,in between dodging hot rocks on my naf naf puffa , our affable goalkeeper Dave Seaman was strolling down the road ,Andy from Colliers Wood called out to him,like the simple northerner he was ( Dave ,not Andy ),came over and said hello ,Andy asked him straight faced ,something along the lines of " we gonna win today " dave said cheerfully ,"probably " ,Andy said " reckon your called up for England ?" Dave smiled , Andy then said " why have you got a tache like a f uckin northern bender ? " we creased up ,Dave hurried round the corner down SAR very quickly .......
          I`m recounting this story just to say ,that the players dont know what they are going to get ,by saying hello to supporters in the street ,you might get freindly little kidslike 72s boys ,or mouthy coming down heediots like we were...............
          That's raised a memory for me vespa! It was probably the same year 89, Seaman was walking to the pre match off the back roads of Bloefomtein, I was a keeper for a Sunday side and asked him for a pair of gloves.

Big Dave smiled and said in his deep Yorkshire voice "Sorry lad I don't ave a spare pair with me"... at least he took the time to answer and didn't seemed harassed to be approached from a young oik like me!!!

I know we cant bring back time, but I loved the good old 80's football days.

Comment

Working...
          X