Rugby referees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby referees

How refreshing they are too listen too and how they manage the game in comparison to footie refs who are pony

For me, the biggest difference is that you can hear the reasons for their decisions, so no secrecy, and no doubts. Even if you disagree.

Comment

Absolutely. They are fantastic in comparison.

Comment

After watching Lee Mason just now it's embarrassing how poor the football refs are ! Another day of laughable decisions in the Premier League whilst Rugby refs excelled even under pressure.

Comment

too much money at stake not to assist the refs with any technology out there. The game at Man. City today, horrible game to watch after the sending off
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Think it's great how much respect the players have for the refs in rugby

At one point, the Welsh ref in charge of England/France when Chris Robshaw queried something, looked at him with a raised eyebrow and "Christopher ?" was enough to end the query

The FA and Prem should be taking note of how respectfull rugby players are towards their refs

Comment

In general most top level players are so much up their own ars es with their dough that they think they are more important than the clubs that pay them and less likely to pay any notice of a ref. Rotten culture imo with a lot iof chavs earning obscene amounts of money=no respect. You have to admire the way rugby players conduct themselfs considering the amount of aggresesion involved. Oh and ......come on you boys in green!!! Mad scores in the games today.
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I reckon that football hierachy actually want the uproar caused by bad decisions, to keep the game in the public eye. Any news is good, even if it's bad. The standard of refereeing is shockingly bad, and it's getting worse. It's ruining the sport.

Comment

Two completely different game-play actions.

RUGBY

Fouls are easier to see in rugby. Ball mostly stays local to the ref. A slower paced game generally.

There's no 'did the opponent get the ball before he fouled the player'.

Offsides are easier to see as they're knock-ons.

There are replays for trys.

So every decision is called 99% right.

So it's almost impossible to con the ref.

Ref gets respect because all calls are 99% right

Played more in a sporting manner atm, but think money is creeping into spoiling it.

FOOTBALL.

Linesmen need split eyesight for off-sides. There is no such known condition or a name that's been put to it except w..k.r.

Fouls are difficult to call correctly because of the speed of the game.

Players know this and play up to it, making the ref's job harder.

Ref gets conned easier and so gets no respect because of lots of wrong calls.

How many times do you see a player 'accidentally' run into the back of another player by 'mistake'. All the time. They know what they're doing.

Money has corrupted the game. It can start from owners and managers down. The cheating level has risen pro-rata with increased revenue over the years.

lt's difficult to draw the line where too much replay disturbs the flow of the game.

But they could make a start on checking every goal was correct (no off-sides, fouls).

That every red card was correct.

And refs reversing decisions like they do in cricket. We'd all rather that than wrong calls. There's always a couple of minutes when these moments occur anyway to check replays.
                  Last edited by Olly; 22-03-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X