DOF needs to be scrapped if QPR is to progress as club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sky's ruined PL View Post
    I was referring to Ralph Krueger. Les Reed, on the other hand is head of scout I believe. And I also gave the names signed by the manger and those signed by the club.

Ralph Kruger is the Chairman and Les Reed, according to their official website, is Executive DoF but in all honesty I couldn't care less.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/artic...t-2333456.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Fair enough, i dont like dof's to be honest. Prefer the good old fashioned set up.
      Im undecided. Its fairly common in Europe. I like the fact it allows the club to maintain a sense of stability or direction when a manager and backroom staff are disposed of. Something that we seem to have not coped with is the constant upheaval of the squad which has coincided with the changing of managers. If you have a competent DOF with a clear criteria set by the board on recruitment, academy, setup etc. then it allows the club to maintain a constant direction even through times of upheaval. The key is finding the right DOF and the clarity of the criteria set by the board.

The problem is there are obvious down sides to DOFs too; limited power for the manager, not knowing who to blame (manager or DOF) for poor players and performances etc.

Comment

A lot of the players at Spurs are signed by Levy.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          A lot of the players at Spurs are signed by Levy.
          because he is the general

Comment

The best period of football I've ever seen at LR was when we had Don Howe as "Chief Coach" and Clive Berlin as some sort of Chief Exec in charge of contracts etc. Unfortunately, Don was not young/sexy and we binned him for Butch Wilkins as a conventional manager and have gone bleeding backwards ever since...... I do not think there is anything manifestly wrong with DOF - we just need a flipping coach who can organise and set-up a team properly.

Comment

Working...
            X