No announcement yet.

holloway in for rest of season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be happy if we brought in Dave Sexton.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Warnock either...we are desperate and anything is worth a go...going down with Ramsey
      Taraabt and Warnock.;)
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Would be happy if we brought in Dave Sexton.
        Weekend at Bernies style

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
          Ian Holloway will assist chris ramsey for rest of season
          SOURCE SPECKLED HEN
          Ian Holloway, top man but not a top manager. Couldn't pick a Premier League player out of a Sunday kick-about in the park. Wanted to sign Andrew Davies from Middlesbrough for untold millions that we didn't have as he thought he was a fantastic player. Andrew who? You may well ask. Not to mention Barry Hayles from Millwall!

Move on!
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            Ian Holloway, top man but not a top manager. Couldn't pick a Premier League player out of a Sunday kick-about in the park. Wanted to sign Andrew Davies from Middlesbrough for untold millions that we didn't have as he thought he was a fantastic player. Andrew who? You may well ask. Not to mention Barry Hayles from Millwall!

Move on!
            Very harsh to pick out Davies (a guy we didnt even sign in the end)

Comment

Very harsh to pick out Davies (a guy we didnt even sign in the end)
              Olly wanted to break the bank to get him Brian. And he turned out to be useless! Just a couple of the most egregious examples from memory but Olly really did not know how to spot talent IMHO. Only ever got good results (at a high level) by inheriting a good team that somebody else built.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                Olly wanted to break the bank to get him Brian. And he turned out to be useless! Just a couple of the most egregious examples from memory but Olly really did not know how to spot talent IMHO. Only ever got good results (at a high level) by inheriting a good team that somebody else built.
                Thought he made good money for Bristol Rovers in the striker dept? cant remember fully now tbh, have his book here somewhere. He got a very unfashionable team in Blackpool promoted (very unlucky to get relegated from the prem too) and also got Palace promoted. IMO he is one of these unfashionable managers that clubs just dont fancy for whatever reason.

Comment

Thought he made good money for Bristol Rovers in the striker dept? cant remember fully now tbh, have his book here somewhere. He got a very unfashionable team in Blackpool promoted (very unlucky to get relegated from the prem too) and also got Palace promoted. IMO he is one of these unfashionable managers that clubs just dont fancy for whatever reason.
                  Excellent man management and motivational skills but you need more than that to be a good manager. He inherited the squad at Blackpool but was not able to turn them into a Premier League squad. I will admit I'm not too familiar with his time at Bristol Rovers.

Comment

Let's make Adel player manager until the end of the season. Traore his assistant. With the instruction that Green has to play rush goalie.

Comment

Think you mean Palace re: inherited squad? He is not my No 1 choice by any means but just a last throw of the dice for 9 games. If Everton lose tomorrow then their confidence will be even more fragile when they come up against us. We need someone who can motivate & organise a team & who can grind out results.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Let's make Adel player manager until the end of the season. Traore his assistant. With the instruction that Green has to play rush goalie.
                        Adel as manager? that could be a good premise for a sitcom

Comment

Working...
                        X