Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Green managed to get to that free kick yet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Green managed to get to that free kick yet??

Jeez Green is slow at times.
    Couldn't believe how long it took him to eventually decide to go for that free kick.
    I sit in the back row of lower loft and could have got there quicker than he did.

I know a lot of you like to bang on about how great he is and I appreciate he has had a good year by his standards but he's nothing more than average at this level.

What's the point in pulling off a few good saves when you keep letting in soft ones.
    Yesterdays first was 100 per cent down to Green.
    Beaten at the near post from that angle against Arsenal - shocking.
    The flap against Hull.

That's just the last 3 games.

Plays reasonably well I agree but way too many soft goals.
    IMO of course.

Oh here we go.....

Green has saved us in far more games than he has let us down in, without a shadow of a doubt. If we want to start threads digging out individuals I think there should be at least 10 others before Green.

Him & Austin our players of the season for me. Closely followed by Henry.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

My point is that although he has had his best season for us so far, he lets in too many soft goals which end up costing us.

He has and always will be prone to the odd lapse in concentration or poor judgement and this lets both himself and the team down.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
        My point is that although he has had his best season for us so far, he lets in too many soft goals which end up costing us.

He has and always will be prone to the odd lapse in concentration or poor judgement and this lets both himself and the team down.
        He will yes, but if there was a keeper out there that didn't ever make mistakes, you think he would play for QPR? No chance. He is a great keeper for us - don't think we will have a better keeper went he goes. People forget to saves he makes, take yesterday for example, that save from Kane's header 5 mins in - fantastic save.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Your spot on with that Rodman cannot agree with any of your post

Comment

Good keeper but you know what you get with Greeno unfortunately.

Some unbelievable saves in amongst some absolute garbage. Probably saved us 10points this season, but also threw in 10. Mad.

Comment

Shouldn't he have been wearing a cap yesterday? The sun was definitely in his eyes for their first.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Good keeper but you know what you get with Greeno unfortunately.

Some unbelievable saves in amongst some absolute garbage. Probably saved us 10points this season, but also threw in 10. Mad.
                another accurate description. Can pull off saves but what is the point if your going to undo the hard work you have done by letting a soft one in

Comment

Green was at fault for the first and it is frustrating but have to cut him some slack as he has been brilliant all season. Being a goalie and making a mistake like that costs us a goal, being a striker and hitting the underside of the crossbar from a few yards out like Charlie did yesterday also costs us a goal he should have scored but again CHarlie has been brilliant all season and we just have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Oh here we go.....

Green has saved us in far more games than he has let us down in, without a shadow of a doubt. If we want to start threads digging out individuals I think there should be at least 10 others before Green.

Him & Austin our players of the season for me. Closely followed by Henry.
                    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    He will yes, but if there was a keeper out there that didn't ever make mistakes, you think he would play for QPR? No chance. He is a great keeper for us - don't think we will have a better keeper went he goes. People forget to saves he makes, take yesterday for example, that save from Kane's header 5 mins in - fantastic save.
                    Two cracking posts. Green, Austin and Henry are pearls before the rest of our swine. With Phillips and Fer the only other two who've been decent.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                      Green was at fault for the first and it is frustrating but have to cut him some slack as he has been brilliant all season. Being a goalie and making a mistake like that costs us a goal, being a striker and hitting the underside of the crossbar from a few yards out like Charlie did yesterday also costs us a goal he should have scored but again CHarlie has been brilliant all season and we just have to move on.
                      smashing summary V. There has been a lot of talk last night where fingers have been pointed everywhere other then at ourselves. as you say we played major part in beating ourselves yesterday Austin should have scored with two opportunities and Green should have not allowed there first.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                        average at this level..
                        That's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                          That's good enough for me.
                          Part of the problem expectations are way to low

I like my keeper to be able to clear his lines, catch the ball and kick those are the basics

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Part of the problem expectations are way to low

I like my keeper to be able to clear his lines, catch the ball and kick those are the basics
                            There aren't many who are better in catching the ball than Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              There aren't many who are better in catching the ball than Green.
                              I think it's one of his weaknesses mate. He never collects ball in crowd from my recollection he justs leaves is

Comment

Working...
                              X