Hoilett really is just awful !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    That's because you live in a parallel universe to me, pal. One in which Rangers are brilliant, play top quality football, deserve to win every game and where we're top of the league, champions of Europe and in which Charlie Austin is as good as Lionel Messi. God how I envy you.....
    again, never said he was as good as messi, said he brought to the team a style RELATIVE to us, that messi brings to barca. He was involved in all phases of the game.
    Also, what is wrong with wanting the best from your side? It beats wanting less.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      again, never said he was as good as messi, said he brought to the team a style RELATIVE to us, that messi brings to barca. He was involved in all phases of the game.
      Also, what is wrong with wanting the best from your side? It beats wanting less.
      Wanting to be the best, yes. Claiming to be, no. Night.

Comment

I am not a fan of Hoillett but I thought he done reasonable well yesterday and it was one of his better games. Still switches off and looks unfit

Need to get him doing what Phillips has, who had a very decent game again, which is instead of trying to beat the man when he gets the ball instead while you have the time deliver the cross into the box. He wants to run at the defender and beat him everytime he don't mix his game up

Comment

We are stuck with what we have. Hopefully by the end of the season we will get rid of Hoilett, SWP and Traore and replace them with better players.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

2 points from the thread

I always backed Matt Phillips, I've always thought he's excellent

And someone mentioned Hoilett to be a Chanpionship player, he was crap for us in the Champ too. He really can't play football. He had no end product, doesn't score, rarely assists. & his defending last night was unacceptable, he let the man run past him so often without a care in the world. I felt sorry for Yun having to do his own & Hoilett's shift
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

All Hoiletts bad points last night for me were defensively, with that team and formation he would be needed to help out which he tried but just couldn't get in the correct position and looked a little like a rabbit in the headlights at times. He tried but couldn't do it, not the only attacking player who would fail at that.

I was so shocked Austin got so many votes for the MOTM last night, he did score a fantastic goal out of nothing and hit another couple of shots well. He did well for us defensively as well as came right back on a number of occasions when required. I don't know if it is how we have been told to play but when defenders or midfielders have the ball both Bobby and Charlie are right on the line against there defender, one of them has to come short 5-10 yards so we have a ball out. Also they very rarely run from the centre out to the wing so we can play a ball down the wing to them. Need more movement from the front 2 at times but isn't what either of them excel at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                Good post and I agree.

He's had much worse games than tonight & actually thought he done ok. Couple of times he let his man ghost past him but on the whole was average. Nothing more, nothing less.
                How I see it too. Thing is with Hoilett, unless he has an absolute stormer, he will be slated by most.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

What I hate about hoilet is that he has the ability to go pass players but never does, he as about has much speed as kranjcar
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Goals did not come through Yun/Hoilett side but from the other side Furlong/Phillips.
                    The first par is slated but the other pair is hailed

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                      Goals did not come through Yun/Hoilett side but from the other side Furlong/Phillips.
                      The first par is slated but the other pair is hailed
                      I thought Furlong was out of his depth last night, but tbh he's looked okay & it's a hard game for him, no excuses from me tbh,
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Just keep in mind that when a player playing for us is above average, he will be snapped up by the bigger clubs. Austin someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          Just keep in mind that when a player playing for us is above average, he will be snapped up by the bigger clubs. Austin someone?
                          But that is exactly what most of us want

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                            What's new, always has and always will be a championship player
                            No..he hasn't reached that high a level...no way

Comment

Working...
                            X