Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardian review of 'Story of QPR' film

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...story-football
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Great response in the comments section in that page , someone called twelfthnight, responding to comments of QPR overspending:
    Where were all of you guys who complain about QPR throwing money about when we, the fans, were having to literally chuck our cash into buckets to stop the club going out of business? When the League threatened to print the fixture list without us if we didn't come out of insolvency in a matter of days did any of you spare a thought for QPR? When, as a direct result of that threat, QPR had to mortgage the ground to a Panamanian company apparently owned by a convicted fraudster, did you or the FA do or even say anything about it? Did you even know it happened?

Forgive me if I don't give a flying one for anyone who wants to see us back in the Championship, since all of you would have stifled a yawn while watching us disappear only a few years ago.

PS "throwing money around" = total net spend of c £40m over last two years. In 2011 Chelsea spent £50m on one player. Don't you dare use Financial and Fair Play in the same sentence for a league where the title has been bought for the last 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
      Great response in the comments section in that page , someone called twelfthnight, responding to comments of QPR overspending:
      Where were all of you guys who complain about QPR throwing money about when we, the fans, were having to literally chuck our cash into buckets to stop the club going out of business? When the League threatened to print the fixture list without us if we didn't come out of insolvency in a matter of days did any of you spare a thought for QPR? When, as a direct result of that threat, QPR had to mortgage the ground to a Panamanian company apparently owned by a convicted fraudster, did you or the FA do or even say anything about it? Did you even know it happened?

Forgive me if I don't give a flying one for anyone who wants to see us back in the Championship, since all of you would have stifled a yawn while watching us disappear only a few years ago.

PS "throwing money around" = total net spend of c £40m over last two years. In 2011 Chelsea spent £50m on one player. Don't you dare use Financial and Fair Play in the same sentence for a league where the title has been bought for the last 20 years
      Brilliant bang on post by 'TweltfhNight' whoever he/she is!!

Comment

Working...
      X