No announcement yet.

worst away support following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a midweek game at Sheffield Wednesday in mid 80s probably worst - 50/60 Rs there, something like that. Terrible game too - think we lost 2-0. We were rattling about in a single pen of Leppings Lane a bit to the right of the goal. Midway through game and I have no idea why, I glanced up and right towards their fans down the side and I saw this object come hurtling towards me..... blow me it was a snooker ball! Luckily with plenty of room to move I was able to hop out the way and avoid it and the ricochet too as it bounced about the terrace. I went and retrieved it and handed to a copper saying this got chucked at me..... he was completely disinterested and just went "only 3 pts for a green" and stuffed it in his pocket, blanked me and went back to standing there staring straight ahead with folded arms, presumably perfecting his stance for April '89......... you kinda forget that away fans were virtual pariahs in those days, Rozzers were never shy about disguising their contempt and hostility to anyone who went to an away fixture back then.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
      i once went to millwall we got beat 2-0 and there was just one other fan that i could find,did anyone else go to this game deryk posseee scored both goals
      more than likely I went too Ted, that was one game you kept very quiet. Remember our promotion year, left early and bumped into 3 of our top boys who thought it wise to get out of New Cross pretty sharpish too
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Boro away late 70's , 15 R's at best and we won 2-0 and I think rachid harkouk got a goal, remember him ? That was my only trip to ayresome park

Comment

Working...
        X