Last 4 games for the teams likely to be relegated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last 4 games for the teams likely to be relegated

Was looking at the run ins and Not overly worried about our last 4 games .....its the last 2 that are critical . For me West Brom and Palace will do enough to survive so it comes down to Us , Hull , Villa , Burnley, and sunderland & Leicester .

Hull ...Arsenal Home (likely loss), Burnley Home (Not sure what result we want ), Spurs Away (likely loss) & Man Utd Home ( likely loss) ..................Likely points Between 3 and 4

Burnley ...West Hame Away (Not Easy ), Hull Away ( Not sure what we want) , Stoke Home ( Not Easy) & Villa Away ( Not Sure what we want )....Likely points Between 4 and 7

Villa ....Everton Home ( Not Easy ) , West Ham Home (winnable), Southampton away ( likely loss) , Burnley Home ( Not sure what we want ).........Likely points Between 4 and 7

Sunderland .....southampton Home ( Not Easy) , Everton away ( Not easy ) , Leicester Home ( Not sure what we want ) , Chelsea Away ( Likely loss) .....Likely points Between 3and 5

Leicester ...... Newcastle Home ( winnable) ,Southampton Home ( Not easy) ,Sunderland Away ( Not sure what we want ) , QPR Home ( Not Easy ) ....Likely points Between 4 and 8 )

QPR ..........Liverpool away ( Likely loss), Man City away ( likely Loss) , Newcastle Home ( winnable ) , Leicester away (winnable ) ........Likely points Between 4 and 6

If we can be 3 points clear of the 'bottom 3 ' before the above run starts then I think we'll be ok

Absolutley no science to the above just gut feel ....however there are some massive games in that lot which will affect us , when clubs take points off each other .... the last day of the season ......well SKY couldnt have organised it better :

Leicester V QPR and Villa V Burnley
    Last edited by maddix; 15-02-2015, 03:33 PM.

Looking at that I think we have the hardest run in of the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
      Looking at that I think we have the hardest run in of the lot
      I think that goes to Hull. Burnley have the most interesting run in, playing two of the competitors. I feel as though Leicester will have already been relegated at this point so Sunderland and Us have to take our chances there. In the likely scenario that Utd, Arsenal and Spurs will be looking to get into that top 4, Hull will be playing 4 very passionate matches and will need to be at their best to get anything out of that.
      Burnley Will have a very curious period, with West Ham and Stoke probably being safe and in mid table mediocrity, I think they will be able to do well in that period, but they will have to have done well prior to that period of 4 matches to stand a chance of survival.
      Sunderland have to play against a top 4 fighter, a champions elect and a probably relegated team and a mid table team so I can't imagine they would get too much from that, probably 4 points as the OP said.
      As for us, I'm not sure how it will go, as I said, Leicester will be down already in the most likely scenario, Newcastle will be mid table happy, Liverpool are very very difficult to predict and City, while they are challenging for the title, always seem to have a hard time against us so anything is possible. My gut is that we could get 5 or 6 points and survive with that.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Interesting to see how key Southampton are to our survival. Better hope they keep involved in that top four battle.

Comment

But of you look at Burnleys run of fixtures between now and the last 4 games, they could very well be as good as gone by the time they play west ham.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            But of you look at Burnleys run of fixtures between now and the last 4 games, they could very well be as good as gone by the time they play west ham.

However, saw them play vs United and they outplayed them at times, and could have easily scored a few. They're going to put up a fight and could cause some upsets.
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I think that goes to Hull. Burnley have the most interesting run in, playing two of the competitors. I feel as though Leicester will have already been relegated at this point so Sunderland and Us have to take our chances there. In the likely scenario that Utd, Arsenal and Spurs will be looking to get into that top 4, Hull will be playing 4 very passionate matches and will need to be at their best to get anything out of that.
              Burnley Will have a very curious period, with West Ham and Stoke probably being safe and in mid table mediocrity, I think they will be able to do well in that period, but they will have to have done well prior to that period of 4 matches to stand a chance of survival.
              Sunderland have to play against a top 4 fighter, a champions elect and a probably relegated team and a mid table team so I can't imagine they would get too much from that, probably 4 points as the OP said.
              As for us, I'm not sure how it will go, as I said, Leicester will be down already in the most likely scenario, Newcastle will be mid table happy, Liverpool are very very difficult to predict and City, while they are challenging for the title, always seem to have a hard time against us so anything is possible. My gut is that we could get 5 or 6 points and survive with that.
              Good appraisals there Big Fella....

Comment

It's interesting to see the last four games but a lot imo will be decided well before then.

Or if Leicester don't pull their finger out in the next 3 or 4 games you can write them off and we wil know where but let stand in the next 5 or 6 as they have one hell of a fixture list coming up against the top 5!

As for us our last 4 are not easy games but before them we have 6 or 7 winnable matches. If we can go into the those last four games on 33,34 points I think we will be ok. So if say our most important fixtures are before these games!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post

However, saw them play vs United and they outplayed them at times, and could have easily scored a few. They're going to put up a fight and could cause some upsets.
                  United arnt nothing like they used to be, completely lost the 'fear factor' they used to have! Teams would more or less say we've lost this game before a ball had even been kicked. Now everyone seems to fancy their chances, or at least give it a go.... the thing is when your in the mix for relegation imo you've got to really go for it against the big boys, try and cause an upset because those possible 3 points could be the difference between survival.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post

To be fair United are a shadow of their former selves, definitely not the team they used to be. If you had said they outplayed Chelsea or City that'd be different. However I do agree, they wont go down without a fight. Thats the way Dyche has set them up and managed them.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yep, United only put 6 past us this season, whereas when they were a far superior outfit a couple of seasons they banged in a whopping 5 past us despite even letting us get one back to help assuage their loftiness

Comment

We have the worst run in by far!

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                          Yep, United only put 6 past us this season, whereas when they were a far superior outfit a couple of seasons they banged in a whopping 5 past us despite even letting us get one back to help assuage their loftiness
                          You can't seriously be denying that United are nowhere near the force they were under Alex Ferguson?
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I remember when Wigan were dead and buried a few years back but went on a mental run in their last 6/7 games and stayed up. They literally swept all comers aside including Man Utd.
                            We need to go into those last 4 game NOT in bottom 3 I reckon.

Comment

Relegation run-in.

Sorry if I've duplicated an earlier post.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/...didate/page/1/

Comment

Working...
                              X