If the Dream Manager is Clement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Dream Manager is Clement.

Surely it will depend on us staying up this season?
    Can't see him leaving Madrid to take over us if we are in the Championship with no money to spend after the huge FFP fine.

Totally agree. This is why i think keeping Ramsey in place until the end of the season is such a good idea. At least we know where we will be in may and we can hire a manager accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      If the Dream Manager is Clement surely it will depend on us staying up this season?
      I believe that's putting the cart before the horse.

Once its officially confirmed that its Chris Ramsey til the end of the season, IMO it should be with the added incentive that if he keeps us up then Ramsey should be rewarded with a permanent contract.

In the meantime all talk of a new manager/coach (be it Clement or whoever) arriving in the summer should be suspended until our PL fate this season is known, to allow the players/staff the best possible chance of staying focused on the huge task in hand.

Comment

There are reports in Spain that Anchelotti is getting the axe in the summer and will be replaced with Zidane.
        Clement won't be kept on under Zidane either.
        If we wait till the summer then Clement is a free agent, if he took over now then surely Madrid would want some compensation for him.

Comment

if he took over now
          Again, I think youre putting the cart before the horse, Hoop.

No one's going to "take over now" as its CR until at least the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Again, I think youre putting the cart before the horse, Hoop.

No one's going to "take over now" as its CR until at least the rest of the season.
            Stanley, as much as I would like to see Clement take over I would rather see Ramsey given the chance to prove himself before any paperwork is signed for next season.
            Ramsey could not only keep us up, but we are only 5 points away from 12th place and could end up in a respectable position.

Comment

Stanley, as much as I would like to see Clement take over I would rather see Ramsey given the chance to prove himself before any paperwork is signed for next season.
              Ramsey could not only keep us up, but we are only 5 points away from 12th place and could end up in a respectable position.
              I agree Hoop. All the speculation is an unhelpful and unnecessary distraction from the vital task in hand of staying up. And if Ramsey succeeds in doing that then he should be offered the job permanently IMO.

Comment

I agree Hoop. All the speculation is an unhelpful and unnecessary distraction from the vital task in hand of staying up. And if Ramsey succeeds in doing that then he should be offered the job permanently IMO.
                I do find it strange though that we haven't officially announced Ramsey, and no tweet from Fernandes either about the Dream Manager comment since.
                Unless he was talking about Ramsey all along.

Comment

I do find it strange though that we haven't officially announced Ramsey, and no tweet from Fernandes either about the Dream Manager comment since.
                  Unless he was talking about Ramsey all along.
                  Perhaps so. "Dream manager" in that he's someone who will play our youth, which is what TF has always said he wants. Who knows though...

Comment

The thing is tho. If we stay up Ramsey would of done a great job & he deserves the job.......
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Once its officially confirmed that its Chris Ramsey til the end of the season, IMO it should be with the added incentive that if he keeps us up then Ramsey should be rewarded with a permanent contract.

In the meantime all talk of a new manager/coach (be it Clement or whoever) arriving in the summer should be suspended until our PL fate this season is known, to allow the players/staff the best possible chance of staying focused on the huge task in hand.
                      Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Sky reporting the dream manager is Clement, which I'm happy about, as I wanted him in the first place.

However, Ramsey in my opinion deserves and would want the job on a full time basis if he kept us up. Also would Clement want the job if we go down?

I can only assume Clement has agreed to come regardless of the league we're competing in and Ramsey is happy to be caretaker for the remaining games and then return to his academy role for next season.

Comment

Surely it will depend on us staying up this season?
                          Can't see him leaving Madrid to take over us if we are in the Championship with no money to spend after the huge FFP fine.
                          Do you honestly think TF and co will role other and let the FFP police tiggle his tummy?

They can talk about fines all they want reality is we probably won't get fined, there are too many clubs in dispute with these ridiculous FFP rules.

I'd also like to see what the PL and FL stance is now this new TV rights package has been announced??

There's lots of twists and turns in this story yet...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                            The thing is tho. If we stay up Ramsey would of done a great job & he deserves the job.......
                            And imagine we go on an unbeatable run and end the season midtable, would be crazy to make a change regardless of who is lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                              And imagine we go on an unbeatable run and end the season midtable, would be crazy to make a change regardless of who is lined up.
                              Not really, sometimes you have to make hard calls, I think CR is great but the long term might be Clement.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X