Under Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Warnock

I think the team that won the Championship under Neil Warnock was much better then any of the teams we had so far. And this not to mention the huge amount of money that we spent on 'has been.' Our defence was quit organised with a giant and steady CB in Gorkks. There were also Walker (on loan), Hill, Hall, Derry, Busacky, Smith, Mackie, Helguson, Rutledge (on loan) and of course Adel at his best. Assume their wages were not so high, however they run away with the Championship and in our first eight or nine games, we had already won 3 games! That's include a 1-0 win at Everton! Of course, things didn't complete quite well, maybe because the last minute purchases of SWP, Barton, Traore and Young which were given huge contracts and split our squad that started our downfall. Warnock was sacked because we failed to win a game in the next seven or eight games and Mr.Hughes came in and started splashing the money. What a waste of years. What a waste of millions of pounds.

Different times although only a short while ago. Loved that season but to say the team were better than now...not so sure, just need better managing/coaching imo
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

i will never forgive uncle for sacking warnock and not giving him the season to see what he could do.also fans baying for warnocks head after the mk dons cup game, after getting us up after fifteen years grumble and grunts the lot of em.since uncle took over its been ####ing annus horribilus.

Comment

that was the end of an era the last time QPR played like a team who actually knew each other and cared. Helguson could hold it up and with top drawer headers, Routledge understood Taraabt like they were telepathic and run in behind.. we had soul then

Comment

Working...
        X