The new QPR manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new QPR manager

The main attribute of the next QPR manager should be a person that can inspire and one that can do so quickly.

Yes, I understand the need to have a manager that will bring the youth through etc, but we need to try and keep our Premiership status before that.

Who could walk in the door and get an extra 20% out of the players overnight ?

I am going to put forward two names. Both are international managers who may be persuaded to take on the job part time til the end of the season:

1. Klinsmann
    2. Gordon Strachan

Thoughts ?

1. would never come
    2. can't stand the sweaty
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      1. would never come
      2. can't stand the sweaty

Comment

nick jarvis
        big phil scholari
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

jock stein,harry kneecap

Comment

Gordon strachan

Comment

Strachan? You having a laugh?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Out of all the managers available who we have a chance of securing, Sherwood seems the best choice ! Clement, Howe and Mcclaren are not coming to us, so Tim Sherwood seems the logical appointment. I certainly don't want to see him end up at Leicester ! You just know what would happen .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Strachan? You having a laugh?
                  It's Conners, of course he isn't joking, he's deadly serious!

Comment

The one and only Gareth ainsworth, I'd have him .failing that stick with Ramsey
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

prof stephen hawkins...........more mobile than harry n more understandable!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Out of all the managers available who we have a chance of securing, Sherwood seems the best choice ! Clement, Howe and Mcclaren are not coming to us, so Tim Sherwood seems the logical appointment. I certainly don't want to see him end up at Leicester ! You just know what would happen .....
                        This.Unless of course, they have someone like Bilic lined up.
                        The sooner the better.

Comment

Either somebody international - like Southampton has had a lot of success with now twice in a row.
                          But the above will of course require us to invest in new players - which TF has now dismissed. This will pretty much exclude us from every decent international/continental based manager.

So we are stuck with managers that are up and coming or managers that have really had some misses and are now trying to reboot the career.

So basically there will not be much to choose from to be honest.

Sad in a way that TF has made the "buck stop" policy as you will always need a spine of experienced Premier League players to do well in the Premier League. The spine could then be supported by up and coming talents and young hungry championship players with a point to prove (like e.g. Austin has done). But the spine you will have to at least partially buy on the transfer market. That is basically what many other Premier League teams are doing - top 6-8 excluded.

Comment

Having Ainsworth back would be special, maybe not the best thing for us at the moment.

Comment

Strachan? Really? Imagine his team talk. No #### would be able to understand him.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                              X