What if Austin Gets Injured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Austin Gets Injured?

I can understand Tony and the board not wanting to spend millions of pounds in this transfer window after spending in all the previous windows, however, if our only natural goal scorer 'Austin' gets any type of injury then we're as good as down.

The rest of the team just do not weigh in with enough goals. I think Leroy Fer is next on the list with 3 goals.

Surely getting a striker in on loan or even splashing a bit of cash could potentially save our season!!!

I think we were going to find it difficult to stay up anyway but without another goal scorer joining then I think we're find it near impossible.

If we go down, I'll think will stay down for a long time, especially with this fine hanging over us.

To same I'm disappointed this morning is an understatement.

Basically were ####ed

Comment

Vargas and Zarate up front together. We would have to play the ball to feet!

Comment

HR has had two seasons to buy another striker and hasn't...

Zarate and Vargas are strikers but HR doesn't play them there or at all in Zarate's case

Comment

Well I hope it wont be long term we him fit for when the window opens in augustì

Comment

Make no mistake, Vargas is a quality striker and probably more of a natural finisher than Charlie. We aren't seeing his best as he's wasted tracking back and covering too much, and when we attack he's stuck wide. It wouldn't surprise me also if HR has told him to stay wide because on the other side Fer, another out of position, likes to come inside and if they both did it would be too congested.

If he played up front he would score plenty IMO. You don't play up front and have a 1 in 2 record for a class side like Chile, who lets not forget we're one of the best sides at the WC and unlucky to go out when they did, if you're not a good striker.

If Harry played them up top together and put pace on the wing our fortunes would change. People go on about holiett, Philips, even SWP having no end product, which is an exaggeration, but regardless, that misses the point. When we have pacey players they scare opponents, gets them on the Blackfoot and dropping deeper which opens the pitch up, gives other players more time and space and also means we spend more time in their half of the pitch and will therefore have more chance of scoring goals!
            Last edited by Del; 03-02-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Zamora, Zarate, Vargas and at a push AT

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Zamora, Zarate, Vargas and at a push AT
                Sure that has a lot of teams quivering in their boots... NOT

Not exactly great goal scoring records at club level..

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  Make no mistake, Vargas is a quality striker and probably more of a natural finisher than Charlie. We aren't seeing his best as he's wasted tracking back and covering too much, and when we attack he's stuck wide. It wouldn't surprise me also if HR has told him to stay wide because on the other side Fer, another out of position, likes to come inside and if they both did it would be too congested.

If he played up front he would score plenty IMO. You don't play up front and have a 1 in 2 record for a class side like Chile, who lets not forget we're one of the best sides at the WC and unlucky to go out when they did, if you're not a good striker.

If Harry played them up top together and put pace on the wing our fortunes would change. People go on about holiett, Philips, even SWP having no end product, which is an exaggeration, but regardless, that misses the point. When we have pacey players they scare opponents, gets them on the Blackfoot and dropping deeper which opens the pitch up, gives other players more time and space and also means we spend more time in their half of the pitch and will therefore have more chance of scoring goals!

This.

Comment

We need charlie fit so we can sell him in the summer, as we need an half decent side in the championship where I can have my Saturday football back
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Contrary to what many don't notice, we have tried many different things this year, but one thing we haven't done is rotate it a bit upfront. Austin has had to carry the baton all season, why not give him a rest and try this pair upfront together and see how we get on. Or if too brave then try 433 again, now that (pls god) Sandro is fit.
                      Originally posted by Suffolk View Post
                      Vargas and Zarate up front together. We would have to play the ball to feet!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

That's likely frostbite.

Joking aside, bang on post.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by rkingy78 View Post
                          If we go down, I'll think will stay down for a long time, especially with this fine hanging over us.
                          Great...then we can rebuild via the academy

Comment

Working...
                          X