Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
    That's what an acadamy is for.

Right now we just need decent players to keep us up. Doesn't matter what the age is. Giggs was 40 and still played a very important role for Utd.
    Apologies OEW I think I must have read your post wrong I thought you meant in general 'not' just this season. In that case I agree as now this season is all about staying up just like last was all about going up 'not' the future.... actually agreed with you on this in another thread mate.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      We havent signed Isla and couldn't afford him if we go down.
      If the board did release some more cash this window but keeping in mind if the worst happened that we went down, this side would give us a chance in getting back up.

McCarthy

Trippier
      Onouha
      Caulker
      Yun

Phillips
      Delle Alli
      Fer
      Henry
      Petrasso

Austin
      Are you serious, you think Austin will be in the team !!!!

Comment

My thoughts too.... Austin would be long gone if we go down...
        Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

In all honesty if we went down we would lose most of our current squad. I can see us being left with following first teamers:

Green/McCarthy
          Robinson (albeit he is not really part of our current squad!)
          Yun
          Traore

Of the rest we might retain:

Henry if we give him a new one year deal.
          Ned
          Caulker if he doesn't have a release clause and we dig our heels in.
          Hoillet if nobody comes in. I suspect they would and we would sell him for next to nothing.
          Taarabt - see Hoillet comments.
          Sandro - if nobody will take him on. Again think we would likely sell him for knock down price to get him off wage bill.

On plus side if the board allocate all or a good part of transfer fees available to a new manager they will have a very good opportunity to start building their own team which if we are prepared to allow a couple of seasons or more in the Championship may be better for us longer term.

Of our youngsters lets face it the only one who has got noticeably good reviews when loaned out is Petrasso so I would expect him to be given a run of games. People rave about Sutherland so maybe him. Who knows maybe one or two others.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            In all honesty if we went down we would lose most of our current squad. I can see us being left with following first teamers:

Green/McCarthy
            Robinson (albeit he is not really part of our current squad!)
            Yun
            Traore

Of the rest we might retain:

Henry if we give him a new one year deal.
            Ned
            Caulker if he doesn't have a release clause and we dig our heels in.
            Hoillet if nobody comes in. I suspect they would and we would sell him for next to nothing.
            Taarabt - see Hoillet comments.
            Sandro - if nobody will take him on. Again think we would likely sell him for knock down price to get him off wage bill.

On plus side if the board allocate all or a good part of transfer fees available to a new manager they will have a very good opportunity to start building their own team which if we are prepared to allow a couple of seasons or more in the Championship may be better for us longer term.

Of our youngsters lets face it the only one who has got noticeably good reviews when loaned out is Petrasso so I would expect him to be given a run of games. People rave about Sutherland so maybe him. Who knows maybe one or two others.
            Not all doom and gloom if we go down is it.

Comment

Working...
            X