Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Future -

McCarthy

isla Caulker (Onohua) new CB Yun(Robinson)

Phillips Mutch new cm(Fer) new LW

Austin New St

We should be investing in the talent we have not getting rid of it and then adding to compliment the spine of the team we have in place. We need a new manager with direction and patience.

Harry is killing us...Always wants new blood.

Agree, that's the reason I forgave his transfer indiscretions because he had brought in a good share of young players, if he now sells them???

What I want to know is what has les got to do with all of this.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

We still say one thing as a club and do another.

Hughes and Redknapp have been very similar in reality.

Comment

Mate if we get relegated we have one hell of a fine to pay and will again be left with another rebuilding of the team.

Watching Harry play players out of position each week while he's got young talent who can play there is becoming a joke. 10 away defeats and he hasn't tried playing mutch or phillps together in their preferred positions.

We have some good players who are a little raw but other manager at other clubs similar to us would love to have - ie Phillips (West Brom and Hull sniffing) Mutch (Going to Palace) But we just get rid and don't invest time into them!!!

As been said we finally invest in some young talent to then fail to give them the opportunity to perform - its a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Mate if we get relegated we have one hell of a fine to pay and will again be left with another rebuilding of the team.

Watching Harry play players out of position each week while he's got young talent who can play there is becoming a joke. 10 away defeats and he hasn't tried playing mutch or phillps together in their preferred positions.

We have some good players who are a little raw but other manager at other clubs similar to us would love to have - ie Phillips (West Brom and Hull sniffing) Mutch (Going to Palace) But we just get rid and don't invest time into them!!!

As been said we finally invest in some young talent to then fail to give them the opportunity to perform - its a disgrace.
          This is why I find it massively disappointing and disheartening that Tony has come out and backed HR until the end of the season. I'm not sure how or why he has come out and done it.. just don't get it! What if we lose then next five or more again... Is he just going to stick and stick with HR? We could be cut adrift. Were not playing well enough for HR to deserve backing.

I can understand an owner coming out and publically backing a manager whose team sits in mid-table and has had a poor run of 5 games but when your in the bottom 3? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Are we sure that it is Harry who wants to sell these players? I must say I'm not. He brought in Mutch and kept saying he had potential when the fans were getting on his back. I'm not sure that Harry is actually dictating the transfer policy at the present time. One player has been brought in, in this transfer period, Zarate, and I got the impression that this was not Harry's decision.

Comment

I just assume that Harry wants players this window (when doesnt Harry want players?) and TF has told him he hasnt got the funds. Lets see who Harry has got up his sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                I just assume that Harry wants players this window (when doesnt Harry want players?) and TF has told him he hasnt got the funds. Lets see who Harry has got up his sleeves.
                Battening down the hatches comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  We still say one thing as a club and do another.

Hughes and Redknapp have been very similar in reality.
                  Hughes was much better than Arry, he was actually building something and is a half decent manager.

Doubt our future will look anything like that if we go down. the spine of our team will prob be McCarthy, Caulker, Ned, Yun, Henry, Philips, Zamora & the perpetually injured Faurlin/Sandro. Worrying stuff.

Comment

We have a good couple of youngsters coming through to in Petrasso and Sutherland who could make the grade

Comment

I reckon Tony has said sell before you can buy perhaps? Hence trying to get rid of Hoillet (not that I'm complaining about that!) and Philips. It's just a shame we can't find buyers for Anton, SWP, Traore...or just give them away!

Comment

We havent signed Isla and couldn't afford him if we go down.
                        If the board did release some more cash this window but keeping in mind if the worst happened that we went down, this side would give us a chance in getting back up.

McCarthy

Trippier
                        Onouha
                        Caulker
                        Yun

Phillips
                        Delle Alli
                        Fer
                        Henry
                        Petrasso

Austin

Comment

Who gives a flying duck about youngsters as long as we're in the PL?????

if a player, young or old, is doing the job then who cares??

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
                            Who gives a flying duck about youngsters as long as we're in the PL?????

if a player, young or old, is doing the job then who cares??
                            Its about the quality of the youngsters we have, not about having youngsters for the sake of it....... IF we can sign/bring through youngsters who have the talent to play at a high level then those talented players will be able to play for us for years to come. Also making it possible to build a decent squad without the hassle of re-building every other season, which in turn makes the whole club more settled.... The best example you'll find is Man UTD with the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Butt etc etc. And thats also the reason why Southamton have got it so right..... I agree we need experience though, people like Hill, Dunne, Henry but its the youngsters that will make a club successful long term imo.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Its about the quality of the youngsters we have, not about having youngsters for the sake of it....... IF we can sign/bring through youngsters who have the talent to play at a high level then those talented players will be able to play for us for years to come. Also making it possible to build a decent squad without the hassle of re-building every other season, which in turn makes the whole club more settled.... The best example you'll find is Man UTD with the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Butt etc etc. And thats also the reason why Southamton have got it so right..... I agree we need experience though, people like Hill, Dunne, Henry but its the youngsters that will make a club successful long term imo.
                              That's what an acadamy is for.

Right now we just need decent players to keep us up. Doesn't matter what the age is. Giggs was 40 and still played a very important role for Utd.

Comment

Working...
                              X