Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBA Want Phillips

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490

If we could get close to the £5m we paid and bring in McManaman as a replacement it would be great business in my opinion.

Really mcmanaman I would not exchange Phillips for him

Comment

I would exchange him for steve

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Really mcmanaman I would not exchange Phillips for him
        I would all day. McManaman scares defenders to death with his pace, is direct and scores goals. I could count on one hand the amount of times Phillips has taken someone on, shocking for a winger.

Comment

I wouldn't sell him as still think he could be a decent player for us once we get a decent manager

Also why would be looking to strengthen a relegation rival it just wouldn't make sense
          We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            I would all day. McManaman scares defenders to death with his pace, is direct and scores goals. I could count on one hand the amount of times Phillips has taken someone on, shocking for a winger.
            Not for me mate came on scene in a blaze of glory but done nothing since hence why he's still at Wigan. Would be like swapping like for like. Give Phillips proper opportunity in my book like hoillett got then judge him. Better players out there then Callum he's ordinary

Comment

McManaman is a good dribbler but isn't the finished article by any means, dunno how well he'd do.

Phillips can be a useful cog in the machine under the right manager (i.e. Pulis) but it doesn't look like it's gonna work for him here, he lacks that little bit of quality/confidence to convert or make real chances.

Comment

He`s not a goal scorer. 12 in 5 years as a pro.
                "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Not for me mate came on scene in a blaze of glory but done nothing since hence why he's still at Wigan. Would be like swapping like for like. Give Phillips proper opportunity in my book like hoillett got then judge him. Better players out there then Callum he's ordinary
                  With you on that west. Rather keep Phillips tbh.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Give them Phillips & Mutch in swap for Barahino

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                      I wouldn't sell him as still think he could be a decent player for us once we get a decent manager

Also why would be looking to strengthen a relegation rival it just wouldn't make sense
                      Cant blame H for Phillips he'given him enough chances the boy has got no self belief , not that I believe the article cant see phillips as a Pullis type to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by MyWord View Post
                        He`s not a goal scorer. 12 in 5 years as a pro.
                        According to the Racing Posts Soccerbase, he's scored 19 goals in 77 games, and average of a goal every 4 games! How's that not a goalscorer? Some strikers don't have that record. Also a lot of them appearances are from the bench and for a team that's constantly struggled apart from last season.

Comment

Phillips is better!! Hasn't been given a fair crack. Genuinely reckon if he got 3 or 4 starts on the trot and a bit of faith he would be a decent player.

Comment

At least other teams are interested in some of our players. Last time we were in the premiership, we couldn't have got rid of the players at a car boot sale.

Comment

There's a quality player in Phillips. He just needs some confidence.

I can pretty much guarantee that if he goes to WBA, he'll be a revelation - and everyone will be booing that he picked the Sweaties over England.

Comment

Working...
                              X