Teflon Harold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teflon Harold

What other manager could have survived with such a record? I know I'm repeating what others have said, but as each day goes by I am more and more baffled as to why he's still here. What kind of hold does he exert over the hapless Tony Fernandes? Months ago I wrote that Harold must have the Indian sign over Tony, have him mesmerised like a snake under the charmer's spell, because whatever he does, he seems immune.

I just don't get how a supposedly successful businessman like TF accepts it. The endlessly swelling backroom staff - what kind of wages are they on, let alone the superannuated players who rarely play? Tony said he learnt his lessons after the Hughes debacle, but clearly he didn't. For me it was a chillingly significant moment pre-season, when TF smilingly announced that no way would we be buying Rio Ferdinand, we'd been down that route before, and yet 2 days later, we bought him. Harry got his way. Harry always gets his way. He has wormed his way into the rotten heart of QPR and only a good Wormwood Scrub will get rid of him.

Heard someone ask Clive Allen and his co presenter on Talkshite the other day why absolutely no one in the media ever brings Harry to task & the question was completely avoided & turned around to a Harry positive!

I give up. They love him. Phones always on & great for a quote. They won't ruin that relationship.

Comment

Yaaaaaaay! Another Harry/Tony bashing thread! There just isnt enough of those!
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Yaaaaaaay! Another Harry/Tony bashing thread! There just isnt enough of those!
        Comes with the territory when your clubs nearly Ģ200m in debt & the manager is failing miserably I'm afraid Ginge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          Comes with the territory when your clubs nearly Ģ200m in debt & the manager is failing miserably I'm afraid Ginge.
          I know
          Can we not have one big thread like we do with the Adel one? No disrespect to the OP but a lot of these threads say the same thing in different ways.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yea I hear ya mate.

Think everyone's p***** off and just wants to vent & it all goes a bit pear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Yea I hear ya mate.

Think everyone's p***** off and just wants to vent & it all goes a bit pear.
              Yeah youre right. Wish this season would finish already.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I don't call 3 points off 12th as failing miserably. Everyone keeps talking about 0 points away but no one mentions about how good 19 points at home is!

We were always going to be fighting for our lives this year with a small squad and that's what we're doing. I'm positive that once sandro is back and yun we will be fine.

This is the enjoyment of premier league football

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                  I don't call 3 points off 12th as failing miserably. Everyone keeps talking about 0 points away but no one mentions about how good 19 points at home is!

We were always going to be fighting for our lives this year with a small squad and that's what we're doing. I'm positive that once sandro is back and yun we will be fine.

This is the enjoyment of premier league football
                  Can I have some of whatever you're on!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Can I have some of whatever you're on!
                    Unreal eh. Not even worth trying to point a few minor yet very important points

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      I know
                      Can we not have one big thread like we do with the Adel one? No disrespect to the OP but a lot of these threads say the same thing in different ways.
                      Yes please.
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Maybe we could have 3 threads: The HR bashing thread. The TF bashing thread. And the great big TF and HR bashing thread. Oh and also one for Kirill to post in: The I hate everything about QPR except possibly Spark thread. So thats 4... (no spanish inquisition jokes here please )

Comment

You forgot the thread bashing other threads thread.

Comment

So thats 5 then... The HR bashing thread. The TF bashing thread. The great big TF and HR bashing thread. The I hate everything about QPR except possibly Spark thread. And the thread bashing other threads thread. (didnīt I mention the no spanish inquisition jokes plea)

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                              Oh and also one for Kirill to post in: The I hate everything about QPR except possibly Spark thread.
                              You mean Jude.
                              I hate Spark.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X