Clear Out Needed come next season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Out Needed come next season...

IF we go down this season a mass clean out is needed at the end of the season IMO..

To leave no matter what league we are in next season...

Redknapp
    Joe Jordan
    Kevin Bond

Barton
    Dunne
    Hill
    Rio
    Traore
    Wright-Phillips
    Rob Green
    Tarbs

A base squad for the Championship or Premier league...

McCarthy
    Yun
    Onuoha
    Caulker
    Matt Phillips - Still think Matty can be a real player with the right coaching, trust and management
    Hoilett - Same as Matty above
    Fer
    Sandro - Needs to play games
    Mutch - Needs games
    Faurlin
    Kranjcar

I think Isla and Vargas will stay if we stay up and go if we go down.

I think Austin will leave at the end of the season if we stay up or go down.
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 12-01-2015, 02:56 PM.

Rob Green??? Seriously??

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Rob Green??? Seriously??
      Unfortunately yes... his a great shot stopper but still liable to flap too often for me. I also think we need to build and he shouldn't be in those future plans IMO

Comment

Greens been ok but wouldn't lose any sleep over him going.

McCarthy a better keeper long term for us.

Comment

Maybe but Green has saved us a few points this season and certainly wouldn't be in the first names I would be looking to shift.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            Maybe but Green has saved us a few points this season and certainly wouldn't be in the first names I would be looking to shift.
            Same but as I said, no tears from me.

Comment

Another clear out? Didnt we have one 2 years ago? Dunne or Hill, we'd need at least 1. Older head

Caulker, Fer and McCarthy would leave if we went down imo.

There is no way Isla or Vargas would sign perm if we went down

I'd expect Hoilett to leave - extortionate wages for a bang average player. Dont think Sandro would stay either.

Comment

I can understand building with McCarthy as the future keeper but didn't he leave a Championship club because he wants PL?

Don't expect to see him with us if we go down.

Green would stay with us....I would almost be certain of it.

Comment

So you'd keep Faulin who's career is unfortunately likely to be over and you're keeping Hoilett who has been poor under several managers now since joining?

We've also got a reasonable chance of keeping Austin if we stay up. Depends on how ambitious we prove to be in the summer...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    I can understand building with McCarthy as the future keeper but didn't he leave a Championship club because he wants PL?

Don't expect to see him with us if we go down.

Green would stay with us....I would almost be certain of it.
                    Yeah he did leave Reading but he weren't playing for them was he? He was always on the bench I think.

Green is debateable though, I agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                      So you'd keep Faulin who's career is unfortunately likely to be over and you're keeping Hoilett who has been poor under several managers now since joining?

We've also got a reasonable chance of keeping Austin if we stay up. Depends on how ambitious we prove to be in the summer...
                      I'd take one more gamble on Faurlin, if he proves his fitness... Hoilett is 23. I honestly believe there is a good player in there and whilst he is still young, I would put faith in him should we get a decent manager in who is able to coach and bring players on.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Yeah he did leave Reading but he weren't playing for them was he? He was always on the bench I think.

Green is debateable though, I agree with that.
                        Did he not play for them? Makes more of a case for him staying with us then if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Did he not play for them? Makes more of a case for him staying with us then if so.
                          When he left Reading, he was on the bench every week. Not sure why though...

Comment

Mmm not sure too many teams would be sniffing around our players.

A clear out isn't as easy as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              Mmm not sure too many teams would be sniffing around our players.

A clear out isn't as easy as it seems.
                              People said that last time and barring SWP, we got rid of everyone with ease. Cisse, Granero, Park, Boswinga etc. We will have no problems getting rid of any of our current lot if it came down to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X