Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tony fernandes and co..................the facts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tony fernandes and co..................the facts!!!

so are we any better off ,on or off the field, since he took over from tango n cash???...certainly worse off financially and imho on the field too....bar a wonderful albeit lucky day out at wembley have we really progressed under his tenure?.....these financially idiotic 'dreams' of new stadia n training complexes are foolhardy beyond belief and will ultimately destroy us and luckily will never happen im sure....fernandes comes across as a nice guy but is surrounded by those wasting his fools gold at will.......wba,palace,southampton are all similar size clubs run correctly and prudently with a vision and future....i fear ...almost certain we are portsmouth mk2 in the making.....common denominators...clueless manager(redknapp) and foolhardy owner...for mandaric see fernandes!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

That sounds a lot more like opinion than fact to me!

My opinion is that Tony cares about the club and wants to do the right thing, which is the complete opposite from the Briatore/Ecclestone era.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

like financially ruining us??.....yep he truely cares!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        like financially ruining us??.....yep he truely cares!
        Funny, I hadn't heard about us going into receivership!

Are you going to change your handle to opiniomondo?!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

its merely my take on things....

Comment

its merely my take on things....
            So, not facts then...

Comment

my facts!

Comment

Personally I don't think you are too far off the mark Facto. If we do drop out of the Premiership this year and get hit with a hefty FFP fine then I really could see us becoming a Portsmouth MkII.

I certainly don't think there is anything malicious or sinister about the Fernandes' ownership of the club (which I definitely couldn't say about Briatore, Paladini & Ecclestone), but I certainly think he has made some very poor decisions and trusted some people that he really shouldn't have.

In my opinion if we are to move forward as a club we need to first of all survive this season in the Prem. From there we need a proper clear out of the management of the club. Phil Beard is not a football man and is in the wrong job, Harry is past it, Tony & Amit seem totally hands off these days, and as to what Joe Jordan, Glenn Hoddle and Kevin Bond actually do, I really don't understand. I'd get rid of the lot, put somebody in place as a Director/CEO/MD whatever you want to call it, who knows how to run a football club day to day. Then pick a young manager who understands the modern game. From there we might have the right building blocks to talk about a new ground, better youth policy etc.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 11-01-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

i cant change the title to.....tony fernandes n co....the reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Personally I don't think you are too far off the mark Facto. If we do drop out of the Premiership this year and get hit with a hefty FFP fine then I really could see us becoming a Portsmouth MkII.

I certainly don't think there is anything malicious or sinister about the Fernandes' ownership of the club (which I definitely couldn't say about Briatore, Paladini & Ecclestone), but I certainly think he has made some very poor decisions and trusted some people that he really shouldn't have.

In my opinion if we are to move forward as a club we need to first of all survive this season in the Prem. From there we need a proper clear out of the management of the club. Phil Beard is not a football man and is in the wrong job, Harry is past it, Tony & Amit seem totally hands off these days, and as to what Joe Jordan, Glenn Hoddle and Kevin Bond actually do, I really don't understand. I'd get rid of the lot, put somebody in place as a Director/CEO/MD whatever you want to call it, who knows how to run a football club day to day. Then pick a young manager who understands the modern game. From there we might have thee right building blocks to talk about a new ground, better youth policy etc.
                    Was thinking the same. Tony and Phil Beard clearly don't know how to run a football club and don't understand the structure that is needed. Appointing Les Ferdinand was a prime example of this. A ploy to quieten the supporters after the West Ham drubbing.

Can only hope The Mittals take a firmer control of the club at least they have a bit of savy.

Comment

id like to add i was never a fan of tango n cash n co....stupid price hikes n alienating ordinary fans with their 'boutique club' bowlarks....however even with limited funds warnock managed to keep us out of the bottom three!

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree with all that you're saying facto, just bugs me when people describe things as "facts", when actually they're not facts at all, they're opinions

Comment

so are we any better off ,on or off the field, since he took over from tango n cash???...certainly worse off financially and imho on the field too....bar a wonderful albeit lucky day out at wembley have we really progressed under his tenure?.....these financially idiotic 'dreams' of new stadia n training complexes are foolhardy beyond belief and will ultimately destroy us and luckily will never happen im sure....fernandes comes across as a nice guy but is surrounded by those wasting his fools gold at will.......wba,palace,southampton are all similar size clubs run correctly and prudently with a vision and future....i fear ...almost certain we are portsmouth mk2 in the making.....common denominators...clueless manager(redknapp) and foolhardy owner...for mandaric see fernandes!
                          Would you have written this if we had won yesterday?

Why is a new stadium and training complex a "dream" only? A lot of similar size clubs and even smaller ones have build new grounds, and if it will be a viable long-tem business decision for the club then why not.

Tony & co have got the capacity and financial power to do this, but will take a bit of time to do.

To dismiss all of it just because our manager isn't great doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

i cant fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooking change it

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                              Would you have written this if we had won yesterday?

Why is a new stadium and training complex a "dream" only? A lot of similar size clubs and even smaller ones have build new grounds, and if it will be a viable long-tem business decision for the club then why not.

Tony & co have got the capacity and financial power to do this, but will take a bit of time to do.

To dismiss all of it just because our manager isn't great doesn't make sense to me.
                              You start with the basics. Get a team worthy of being in the premier league first. I'm not opposed to a new ground or training complex, but wanting to regenerate a large part of NW London as well is too ambitious for a team that will yoyo between divisions at best. Walk before you try to run.

Comment

Working...
                              X