What worries me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What worries me.....

Just in from Burnley and today we can't say they didn't turn up or put some effort in as an excuse - even Adel made a couple of tackles. Simple truth is we are hopeless. They way teams swarm all around us shows we are too old or not fit enough or both. 'Arry couldn't set up a Subbeteo team and his only plan B is to make changes too late and make even more of a mess of the formation. Mind you, not sure he has a plan A......... He trudged off at the end not daring to look up at us. All the usual mistakes, out of position, give the ball away, never win second balls.....same old, same old no matter who plays.

Harry knows the game is up, but he'll hang around until the end of the season.

Comment

I know warm ups are not v important but pre game as they were warming up half the players were walking around looking for something to do with a ball. Just looks like the set up is amateurish. Burnley doing passing drills, our lot missing the open goal doing shooting practice.

They didn't disappoint in the real case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Just in from Burnley and today we can't say they didn't turn up or put some effort in as an excuse - even Adel made a couple of tackles. Simple truth is we are hopeless. They way teams swarm all around us shows we are too old or not fit enough or both. 'Arry couldn't set up a Subbeteo team and his only plan B is to make changes too late and make even more of a mess of the formation. Mind you, not sure he has a plan A......... He trudged off at the end not daring to look up at us. All the usual mistakes, out of position, give the ball away, never win second balls.....same old, same old no matter who plays.
        You hit the nail on the head, our squad isn't good enough. It's not all Harry's fault though believe it or not. Harry has signed 14 players of this current squad and the majority of them do a decent enough job. The problem lies in the squad quality, not necessarily the manager.

Has Harry done brilliantly? No. For me, he's done an acceptable job given what he's got to work with. It's quite obvious the club is now paying big time for past failures from previous regimes. The board refuse to spend money in this window, due to the amount they've spent in past years on absolute dross.

The problem is, they have to spend money or the problem gets worse, a lot worse! The only answer is PL survival! Does spending money guarantee survival? No, but if they're clever enough it won't have any impact should we go down. Buy players who will be wanted should the disaster happen. We did it a few years ago with Samba and Remy and effectively gave ourselves a free hit and actually made a profit. The same has to happen again. The difference between last time and this time is a squad far more capable (which says a lot for the other squad). A few good signings and we will survive, it's a gamble the club has to take and if done correctly, it's not even a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          You hit the nail on the head, our squad isn't good enough. It's not all Harry's fault though believe it or not. Harry has signed 14 players of this current squad and the majority of them do a decent enough job. The problem lies in the squad quality, not necessarily the manager.

Has Harry done brilliantly? No. For me, he's done an acceptable job given what he's got to work with. It's quite obvious the club is now paying big time for past failures from previous regimes. The board refuse to spend money in this window, due to the amount they've spent in past years on absolute dross.

The problem is, they have to spend money or the problem gets worse, a lot worse! The only answer is PL survival! Does spending money guarantee survival? No, but if they're clever enough it won't have any impact should we go down. Buy players who will be wanted should the disaster happen. We did it a few years ago with Samba and Remy and effectively gave ourselves a free hit and actually made a profit. The same has to happen again. The difference between last time and this time is a squad far more capable (which says a lot for the other squad). A few good signings and we will survive, it's a gamble the club has to take and if done correctly, it's not even a gamble.
          Jesus man! Is 'Arry your uncle or something? He wasted 24 million quid!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            I know warm ups are not v important but pre game as they were warming up half the players were walking around looking for something to do with a ball. Just looks like the set up is amateurish. Burnley doing passing drills, our lot missing the open goal doing shooting practice.

My personal trainer is an Arsenal fan and told me the way Rangers warmed up at Highbury was so old school it was embarrassing. And it was worse than useless........

Comment

add another 10 to that.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

On who? He's spent roughly 40 million on Caulker, Phillips, Austin, Fer, McCarthy, Yun, Mutch and Sandro. That's all the money he's spent on current squad players.

Caulker isn't having the best of times but clearly not a waste. Austin will be a 20 goal PL striker by May and his value will be at least 15 million. Fer is a Dutch International but being played out of position due to a lack of quality in wide areas. McCarthy and Yun will both be great servants to the club, should we retain our PL status. Mutch has had a nightmare to his Rangers career but proved with Cardiff he can cut it at this level and Sandro has shown his ability when fit.

So where is the 24 million waste? I'll give you Phillips, Mutch and Sandro. Roughly 20 million, but Phillips and Mutch would recoup their transfer fees if we sold them. Sandro is worth every penny if we can keep him fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  My personal trainer is an Arsenal fan and told me the way Rangers warmed up at Highbury was so old school it was embarrassing. And it was worse than useless........
                  Didn't think I'd lost my football brain 77.

It was cringe mate.

Said the same to a fella on the clapper on the way back why do good players turn to shite at QPR, he said must be the training. Starting to think the same.

Comment

F##k all that Jimmy, you've won the speedboat
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

So where is the 24 million waste? I'll give you Phillips, Mutch and Sandro. Roughly 20 million
                      Hahaha oh my days clutching at straws much?!

Any danger of working out the millions on wages on top for starters?

He's been a nightmare for our finances. Live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        F##k all that Jimmy, you've won the speedboat
                        Super smashing great!!

Comment

Hahaha oh my days clutching at straws much?!

Any danger of working out the millions on wages on top for starters?

He's been a nightmare for our finances. Live with it.
                          Wages is Mr Beard's/Owners role. Not sure how Harry has been a nightmare for our wages with his signings. Warnock and Hughes yeah. In fact, I'd go as far to say, most of Harry's signings are on average PL wages, unlike the shite signed by Warnock and Hughes but once again, this is a problem with the people dealing writing out the contract.

Comment

On who? He's spent roughly 40 million on Caulker, Phillips, Austin, Fer, McCarthy, Yun, Mutch and Sandro. That's all the money he's spent on current squad players.

Caulker isn't having the best of times but clearly not a waste. Austin will be a 20 goal PL striker by May and his value will be at least 15 million. Fer is a Dutch International but being played out of position due to a lack of quality in wide areas. McCarthy and Yun will both be great servants to the club, should we retain our PL status. Mutch has had a nightmare to his Rangers career but proved with Cardiff he can cut it at this level and Sandro has shown his ability when fit.

So where is the 24 million waste? I'll give you Phillips, Mutch and Sandro. Roughly 20 million, but Phillips and Mutch would recoup their transfer fees if we sold them. Sandro is worth every penny if we can keep him fit.
                            I liked Caulker but I'm beginning to wonder. Phillips not prem quality. Austin bargain. Fer needs a coach - badly! Yun, Championship player. Sandro knackered - that's why we got him and NO ONE, NO ONE in their right mind would have paid 8m for Mutch. 'Arry's like a kid in a sweet shop at transfer times.

Comment

Wages is Mr Beard's/Owners role. Not sure how Harry has been a nightmare for our wages with his signings. Warnock and Hughes yeah. In fact, I'd go as far to say, most of Harry's signings are on average PL wages, unlike the shite signed by Warnock and Hughes but once again, this is a problem with the people dealing writing out the contract.
                              Ok mate haha

Comment

Working...
                              X