Long ball game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long ball game

Been so obvious last 5/6 games the only game plan has been to hit it long whenever we can, regardless of who is playing or where they have the ball. Green repeatedly just hoofing it long to get was pathetically laughable today.

Is it possible to get back to quick passing football? It's how we won the pen today

Problem is, Zamora is shite all round, Charlie's hold up play is poor and our midfielders can't pass, so we can't do neither!

####ed basically!

Comment

One interesting thing is that it was Dunne who complained about the lack of away attacking, people supported his opinion and then he ends up being the cause of a majority of the problem by only ever passing it long. He has played the most inaccurate long passes of any centre back in the premier league and is the cause of most of our possession losses (along with Barton). We will never be able to play quick and zippy football if we don't get the ball properly up the pitch and keep it. All play starts from the back and ours never stays on the ground.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

That was pissing me off today, greens kicking is diabolical and harry can't blame the wind, I would rather go back to tippy tappy football. Just kicking it up to Bobby is getting to predictable and pointless. All Bobby does is make a foul for leaning back or he just runs offside.we need a change and fast
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          One interesting thing is that it was Dunne who complained about the lack of away attacking, people supported his opinion and then he ends up being the cause of a majority of the problem by only ever passing it long. He has played the most inaccurate long passes of any centre back in the premier league and is the cause of most of our possession losses (along with Barton). We will never be able to play quick and zippy football if we don't get the ball properly up the pitch and keep it. All play starts from the back and ours never stays on the ground.
          Isla seems to be the only one in the back 5 who even tried to play it short. Stark contrast to start of last season when I don't think green ever kick long

Comment

How shite are greens kicks?!

Abysmal

Comment

Tippy Tappy means showing for the ball. It's in taarabt's, Isla's and Vargas's scope. Anybody else, not really seen it.

Comment

We are indeed playing long ball football and there are two reasons for this, firstly Charlie Austin and secondly the lack of wingers.

You can see both problems all through the game particularly away from home. We go sideways and get the ball out to Hill/Isla or Vargas/Fer and they have 1 or 2 players coming over to them. All the space is down the channel but no striker, well Charlie, makes the run across the back four into these channels. None of these 4 players are wingers so cannot beat two players in the middle of the pitch and get down to the wing on there own, Charlie is not that sort of striker and we badly need 1 who is. Vargas for instance made a few of these runs when he played up front against Man U but was never passed to so stopped.

As there is no option we either pass back centrally or just lump it up front, until the players change we will continuously have to boot it long away from home and to a lesser extent at home. In the game at Stoke see what options are on when it gets out wide, there is almost none.

Comment

Plan A yesterday from Green was kick ball long to Fer
                  Plan B when it never worked was ok lets try kicking it long to Fer and seeing if he can knock it on
                  Plan C lets try and hit Fer with the long ball

And it continues ........................

Comment

Best bit was when get switched to the right and green started kicking it towards him there!

You forgot the 5 min spell of plan d - kick the ball long to taarabt

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                      Best bit was when get switched to the right and green started kicking it towards him there!

You forgot the 5 min spell of plan d - kick the ball long to taarabt
                      It was embarrassing Turk everyone could see what was going to happen and Burnley loaded up that side of the pitch each goal kick. Whats wrong with a player using his savvy during game and when they all go Fer side spinning and coming short for the ball

Comment

Only positive out all going forward was to the right with Vargas & he gets hooked. Ridiculous.

Comment

Anybody notice how the pen came about from moving the ball around fast and on the deck? The long ball game that worked vs villa and liverpool was something we needed at the time. Our manager should be working on something better than that but sadly he's got no incentive to do anything as he and we know he's gone come June.
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X