Cup run expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup run expectations?

What would constitute a good run in the FA cup this season?
    Personally I think 5th round would be decent. It would be the furthest we have gone in donkeys years.
    Obviously staying in the Premier league is the priority, I was just wondering what people thought a good cup run would be.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

It depends who you play doesn't it. The 5th round wouldn't be successful if we played Sheffield United, Chesterfield then lost to Cambridge or someone.

Personally I want us out of it asap. We'll draw against Sheffield United and face a replay, which will be played in between Burnley and United, something we don't need.

Consolidate ourselves as a Premier League club for the next few years before we can treat cup competitions seriously would be my approach.

Wigan approached the cup the last two years by giving it a go. It cost them relegation and then playing an obscene amount of games the following season which in my opinion seriously damaged their promotion hopes from the Championship. Now, they're heading for League One.

We need to be in the position of teams like Swansea and Stoke before having a good go.

Comment

Sigh. Sheffield United have been going great guns in the Cups. My expectation is another 3rd round exit.

I guess as one of 20 Premier League teams you'd have to say that breaking-even is making the last 16 (5th Round) and success is making the Quarters or better.

Of course matty is right in saying that in the end it really depends on who you play.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Winning today is an achievement imo.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We should wipe the floor with Sheffield United today!!! Is the reason I'm going,to see rangers bag a good few goals.not very often I know ,but always look forward to a next round draw .2 or 3 cup games at least draws a bit of excitement
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

winning the whole thing is my aim!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
              winning the whole thing is my aim!
              Exactamondo
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

When you enter a competition you should always aim for winning. Itīs the only way to play.
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  When you enter a competition you should always aim for winning. Itīs the only way to play.
                  Unfortunately a lot of premiership teams don't really think like this.

At one time if a club did not play it's first team, they risked getting fined (not that that would matter to most teams these days).

The only way the FA Cup could become more interesting is if somehow all premiership teams play their first team. One way to do this would be for the FA to insist that all of the players who play in the FA Cup play in the premiership game the following week or something like that. Not sure how this would work in practice.

Comment

If we were to win the cup and qualify for next year's Europa league and win that and thus qualify for following season's Champions League which we win by beating scum in Nou Camp I'd possibly concede that the FA Cup run had some merit........ anything less than the above and I'd regard the FA Cup as a total waste of time and irrelevant.

Comment

Useless cannts!!!!!!!!
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                      X