The good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good news

It's still all in our hands - not in the bottom 3 and loads of spirit and togetherness in the camp

Oh come on now Mem, people don't wanna hear this, they wanna hear how difficult our matches are or how certain players have the potential to unsettle and all that. This happiness thing is a joke, we should be a settled premier league side at this point.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Absolutely, over half way through the season , probably 1 or 2 points shy of where we could be , take 16th at the end of the season all day long, i think we will look back and say that was a good point yesterday, may not feel like it right now but a good point towards safety.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I was so cheesed off yesterday, totally ruined my night and in such a bad mood but ..... I am proud of the team, it feels totally different, we fight... We battle ....We never give up. Harry does give a monkeys, you can tell,he hates losing

I think 2 things need to happen though and I know I'm stating the obvious 1. We need 2 or 3 players in, our squad is wafer thin. We can't rely on Phillips, Traore, Hoilett, Taarabt, Ferdinand, Murphy and with Sandro, Yun and Sandro out injured that leaves just 16 players which includes 2 goalies you can rely on - a couple more injuries and we are screwed

2. Our away form - probably reliant on transfers in but we have to start picking up points starting at Burnley..

Having said this - all the others in the bottom 8 will have similar problems and we need to keep the faith and be grateful for where we are going into the rest of the season !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
          Don't get me wrong, I was so cheesed off yesterday, totally ruined my night and in such a bad mood but ..... I am proud of the team, it feels totally different, we fight... We battle ....We never give up. Harry does give a monkeys, you can tell,he hates losing

I think 2 things need to happen though and I know I'm stating the obvious 1. We need 2 or 3 players in, our squad is wafer thin. We can't rely on Phillips, Traore, Hoilett, Taarabt, Ferdinand, Murphy and with Sandro, Yun and Sandro out injured that leaves just 16 players which includes 2 goalies you can rely on - a couple more injuries and we are screwed

2. Our away form - probably reliant on transfers in but we have to start picking up points starting at Burnley..

Having said this - all the others in the bottom 8 will have similar problems and we need to keep the faith and be grateful for where we are going into the rest of the season !!
          Absolutely, concede so late on is always hard to take , but i still think if you cant win dont lose ,its a good point and our position is far more positive than when we were last in the prem league , i believe if we get Sandro back and fit (big if) bit of pace on the left and a front man of sorts we will be ok.
          Last edited by winalotto; 02-01-2015, 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
          X