Keep the faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep the faith

Certainly felt like a defeat yesterday, but we may look at come May as a point gained like Palace. There are so many twists and turns left in the season. We do need to find 5 wins I reckon from somewhere. But we can do it. We have to get something away eventually. We cannot lose all 19 away games. We do lack pace in the side. We break so slowly. Palace and Swansea both broke at a higher intensity. Fer is the only one with an ounce of pace in him. We will give any side at home a run for their money. Our players looked lethargic yesterday which is understandable given the festive period and our small squad. I am sure Redknapp has a surprise or two for us. The squad needs freshening up especially out wide and in the middle. We cannot have Barton and Henry every single game. Barton needs to learn to stop doing things he can't do. Henry may not be the best player but he does things he can do. If nothing is on just keep the ball. Barton wants that Hollywood ball every time. Some of the players need a rest for Sunday.

I reckon we will see something like this:

McCarthy
    Onuhua
    Ferdinand
    Traore
    Mutch
    Phillips
    SWP
    Hoilett
    Vargas
    Couple of youth players? Rhys Grego-Cox?

Kranjcar, Faurlin, Sandro, Tarabat and Yung are all injured
    No point playing Austin, Zamora, Hill, Dunne, Fer, Barton, Vargas, Isla and Henry. Need a rest for Burnley.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Good balanced post there Hammersmith.
    A long way to go yet. However frustrating it seems we are not in the relegation zone at the turn of the year. That means it could be far worse.

Comment

Great post, it's nice to hear some reasonable comments if I'm honest. I've got every faith that we can pick up at least a point in all of our remaining home games. There may be times where it doesn't happen, but we've got a real good chance. The away games will be tough, but that's why we're here isn't it?

Anyone who thought it'd be a walk in the park needs to take a step back.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
        Certainly felt like a defeat yesterday, but we may look at come May as a point gained like Palace. There are so many twists and turns left in the season. We do need to find 5 wins I reckon from somewhere. But we can do it. We have to get something away eventually. We cannot lose all 19 away games. We do lack pace in the side. We break so slowly. Palace and Swansea both broke at a higher intensity. Fer is the only one with an ounce of pace in him. We will give any side at home a run for their money. Our players looked lethargic yesterday which is understandable given the festive period and our small squad. I am sure Redknapp has a surprise or two for us. The squad needs freshening up especially out wide and in the middle. We cannot have Barton and Henry every single game. Barton needs to learn to stop doing things he can't do. Henry may not be the best player but he does things he can do. If nothing is on just keep the ball. Barton wants that Hollywood ball every time. Some of the players need a rest for Sunday.

I reckon we will see something like this:

McCarthy
        Onuhua
        Ferdinand
        Traore
        Mutch
        Phillips
        SWP
        Hoilett
        Vargas
        Couple of youth players? Rhys Grego-Cox?

Kranjcar, Faurlin, Sandro, Tarabat and Yung are all injured
        No point playing Austin, Zamora, Hill, Dunne, Fer, Barton, Vargas, Isla and Henry. Need a rest for Burnley.
        I didn't know Kranjcar was injured, I wouldn't play Vargas, if Adel is fit enough to court a move to Italy, he is fit enough to play!

Add a few youth players like Elmer, Sendes-White and we are away.

I have said a million times, Barton is about Barton!
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          I didn't know Kranjcar was injured, I wouldn't play Vargas, if Adel is fit enough to court a move to Italy, he is fit enough to play!

Add a few youth players like Elmer, Sendes-White and we are away.

I have said a million times, Barton is about Barton!
          Elmer, or Ehmer, is on loan at Gillingham I think.

Comment

Working...
          X