Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations

I got slated the other day for predicting we would get two to three points in Jan with a draw against Swansea. Was accused of giving up and being negative. But I made the point that the real drama queens are those who expect to win every home game and even a fair few away games. They then get suicidal when we dont win. Its always gutting to let in an equaliser in injury time but Green could/ should have been sent off early on and Swansea had many good chances to equalise before they finally did. Just dont believe a midfield two of Barton and Henry is good enough to win many more matches in the premier league and with those players starting a home draw against a top half team is not a bad result. Fer, Vargas, Isla, Caulker all playing really well - they just need more support.
    Our problem is that we cant pick up anything bar a few bookings on the road. Burnley will be a real test of the theory that we have only been rubbish away because we have played top sides etc. Worryingly Burnley are playing well but surely even the most optimistic fan will run out of excuses if we dont pick up a point there. We need to be able to get enough points on the road for a hard fought draw against a top half side at home to not feel like a home defeat.

Nicely put ! Thought the team played with effort today but Swansea basically out passed us completely as they do a lot of sides but all in all a point is a decent result based on what happened today and Green staying on the pitch, its just frustrating it was another last minute goal that makes it feel like a defeat, had it been 75 minutes it wouldn't feel as much of a blow.

Comment

It's true Green should've been sent off and then we would've lost by about 3 to 4, instead we get a point and stay unbeaten at home for a few games.

Comment

I agreed with your post Stainrod.

Swansea are a far better side than us and a draw today was a good result IMO. CP were never going to be easy last week either. We have done well at home so far this season but the results have often flattered us.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

This post has made me feel a bit more positive on today's result. If they'd have scored at any other time oh would've seen fair, but the timing was gutting. In the grand scheme of things it's a good point, just need to build on it.

Comment

The chances Swansea had they deserved their point the gutting thing is how late it came in the game and against 10men

This season we will live and die by our away record and the first nine games that so many have made untold excuses for. It don't matter who the opposition is nine away defeats on the trot is unacceptable at this level of football.

Comment

I think its a good point to be honest. Gutting to lose the 3pts in injury time and then almost nick it at the end, but if you think about it, how many would have looked at this fixture and expected 3pts? No one. Thought we deserved to win personally so gutted we didnt, but a point is a point, and against a team like Swansea, its a good one.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Whats the crack with Monk and Bony? If he played the full 90 we would of got battered today imo.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  Whats the crack with Monk and Bony? If he played the full 90 we would of got battered today imo.
                  Yeah I was surprised to see he was on the bench. Thought Gomis was good on the ball but his finishing is absolute pony.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                    Suggestion is Swansea thinking of selling for mega money but no idea if true.

Comment

Working...
                    X