No announcement yet.

Some perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year is mission accomplished. We're back in the Premier league and are putting up more of a fight to stay than last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      I genuinely believe if you were in the country at the time and attended that amazing day you would feel a whole lot different. Best day of my life (them semis were not too shabby either). And i thank every single person involved for making me be a part of that. And that includes harold and his incompetence at not making us run away with the league cos he spent billions . Winning the play off final is the most exciting and satisfying way to go up, and everyone knows that.
      No argument from me, agree with you 100%. I know I would have enjoyed being there immensely, unfortunately I could not afford that trip. Promotion was all the more amazing because the road to it was so unexpectedly rocky. But that was just one day of euphoria, Lady Luck embracing us. You know we can very rarely rely on such luck, we must make the most of it now.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Agree with the sentiments about the way we were promoted - the play offs were just brilliant and the BZ goal was the pinnacle. It brought us back to the best league in the world and we are in there fighting for our lives, and despite the dire away form, we start 2015 out of the drop zone and in with a fighting chance of staying up.
        So yes, I agree it was a great year and the fact that so many people overlook is, it matters not how we were promoted, or even how ordinary we actually were last season, we did it, and the list of teams that have managed the feat of promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt is a very exclusive list - and we are on it forever
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I genuinely believe if you were in the country at the time and attended that amazing day you would feel a whole lot different. Best day of my life (them semis were not too shabby either). And i thank every single person involved for making me be a part of that. And that includes harold and his incompetence at not making us run away with the league cos he spent billions . Winning the play off final is the most exciting and satisfying way to go up, and everyone knows that.
          Have to agree with that. My best football day ever(my little one being born had to top it as best day ever) and doubt it will ever be repeated in my lifetime, so count myself very lucky to have been able to be there for it.

Remember the shot being taken by Bobby and it seemed like it was in slow motion as it was going in, and then the place just erupted, un....ing believable!!!

So although I am not HR's biggest fan I do thank him and the team for that special moment.

Comment

Last season we were 22 points after Leicester and 13 below Burnley. Atm we are 5 and 2 points above. We must have done something better than them.

Comment

Reasonably happy with our lot ATM, just hope we can get as many points in the next 19 matches. Looking at the games to play I would say slightly more difficult
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
              X