No announcement yet.

Phil Neville's comments on MotD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely the smallest, not only does it look it but players who have played on our pitch say the same. I've sat in the ellerslie near front row where I'm in the middle of the box and the halfwayline, and went to the emirates a few years ago with some gooner mates, sat in similar seat. The distance from the halfway line to the box there is actually ridiculous, at rangers it's nothing.
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 21-12-2014, 11:25 PM.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      It's all about the opposition we've faced, nothing else. People are so deluded it's unreal! How many newly promoted teams get points away from home against the top 10? Before the start of the season I'd have said we'd lose away at Spurs, United, Chelsea and Everton for sure. Possibly nick a point at Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle and Swansea but more than likely get beat in two of them. I wouldn't have said we'd win any, so at best we're 4 points worse off.

People moaning about 451, well we were unlucky at both Southampton and Chelsea playing that system but utterly shocking at Newcastle when playing 442!

451 is the best way to approach away games at the opposition we've faced. We now have a very winnable set of away fixtures after Arsenal, we're I'd expect us to play 442 and pick up points.

We'll pick up 10 points away from home by the end of the season, which is respectable for a newly promoted side and will keep us up with our home form.

Exactly the way I see it. We got all the teams in the scrap with us in the second half of the season and I fully expect we will start picking up points away and probably our home form will dip as we have the likes of City, Chelsea ect to come to Loftus Road.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        It's all about the opposition we've faced, nothing else. People are so deluded it's unreal! How many newly promoted teams get points away from home against the top 10? Before the start of the season I'd have said we'd lose away at Spurs, United, Chelsea and Everton for sure. Possibly nick a point at Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle and Swansea but more than likely get beat in two of them. I wouldn't have said we'd win any, so at best we're 4 points worse off.

People moaning about 451, well we were unlucky at both Southampton and Chelsea playing that system but utterly shocking at Newcastle when playing 442!

451 is the best way to approach away games at the opposition we've faced. We now have a very winnable set of away fixtures after Arsenal, we're I'd expect us to play 442 and pick up points.

We'll pick up 10 points away from home by the end of the season, which is respectable for a newly promoted side and will keep us up with our home form.

Did newly promoted Hull and Newcastle both go to the Emirates expecting wins?

I wasn't expecting wins, but to be fair had QPR gone with an attack minded side and tactics they could have sneaked an away win and a draw by now.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Did newly promoted Hull and Newcastle both go to the Emirates expecting wins?

I wasn't expecting wins, but to be fair had QPR gone with an attack minded side and tactics they could have sneaked an away win and a draw by now.
          Seriously? Let's go attacking at Chelsea, United, Spurs etc! No doubt, with hindsight, you can say, well we can't do any worse than what we have but let's be realistic! Any bottom half team going to the teams we've faced away so far will be sitting in and aiming to keep it tight, while hitting them on the break at every opportunity. Our problem is, we don't have the quality to do either to be honest, so in my opinion, we were doomed as soon as the transfer window shut.

You need pace and although we have some quick players (Traore, Phillips, Hoilett), the quality of the players is to be honest, #### poor. You need to be devastating on the break in this league, something we need to address in the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            An obscure subject, but I knew you'd just love to know, that mention is made from time to time of how wide other club's pitches are, and how well or not we cope on them.

Sunderland......68 (Yards)

West Ham.......70

Aston V..........72

QPR...............72

Burnley...........73

Spurs.............73

Chelsea..........74

Crystal P.........74

Newcastle.......74

Southampton...74

Swansea.........74

WBA...............74

Arsenal...........75

Stoke.............75

Liverpool.........75

Leicester........76

Man U............76

Man C............77

Everton..........78

Hull...............78

#
            From the official PL Handbook

http://m.premierleague.com/content/d...ok-2014-15.pdf

Arsenal = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Villa = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Burnley = not submitted
            Chelsea = Length: 103 metres Width: 67.5 metres
            Palace = Length: 101 metres Width: 68 metres
            Everton = Length: 100.48 metres Width: 68 metres
            Hull = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Leicester = not submitted
            Liverpool = Length: 101 metres Width: 68 metres
            Citeh = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Manure = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Newcastle = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Hoops = Length: 100 metres Width: 65.85 metres
            Saints = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Sjoke = Length: 100 metres Width: 66 metres
            Sunderland = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Swans = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Spuds = Length: 100 metres Width: 67 metres
            WBA = Length:105 metres Width: 68 metres
            Wet Spam = Length 100.58 metres Width 68 metres
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
              From the official PL Handbook

http://m.premierleague.com/content/d...ok-2014-15.pdf

Arsenal = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Villa = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Burnley = not submitted
              Chelsea = Length: 103 metres Width: 67.5 metres
              Palace = Length: 101 metres Width: 68 metres
              Everton = Length: 100.48 metres Width: 68 metres
              Hull = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Leicester = not submitted
              Liverpool = Length: 101 metres Width: 68 metres
              Citeh = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Manure = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Newcastle = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Hoops = Length: 100 metres Width: 65.85 metres
              Saints = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Sjoke = Length: 100 metres Width: 66 metres
              Sunderland = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Swans = Length: 105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Spuds = Length: 100 metres Width: 67 metres
              WBA = Length:105 metres Width: 68 metres
              Wet Spam = Length 100.58 metres Width 68 metres
              Officially the smallest then
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Our pitch is very similar to Stoke, who have a decent away record. 9 points from 9 games including games at City, QPR, Southampton, Spurs, Liverpool, United and Palace. The pitch isn't the problem, it's the players at Harry's disposal. We need pacy players with a bit of quality. Harry has been saying this for months, so I expect to see a couple of players coming in. I see Lennon is being linked, he's perfect. Harry also tried to sign Sinclair last season, so he likes him. I'd say both Lennon and Sinclair will be top of his list.

Comment

Pitch dimensions can't explain disjointed play, stray passing and general lack of "Oomph" when we're on the road. My worry is that the longer the barren run goes on the more likely it is we'll be mentally beaten in away games before we've even got off the coach. Blathering on about size of pitch is just giving players a way of absolving themselves from responsibility..... buck stops with 'Arry and XI on pitch (whatever bleeding shape/size it is).

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Pitch dimensions can't explain disjointed play, stray passing and general lack of "Oomph" when we're on the road. My worry is that the longer the barren run goes on the more likely it is we'll be mentally beaten in away games before we've even got off the coach. Blathering on about size of pitch is just giving players a way of absolving themselves from responsibility..... buck stops with 'Arry and XI on pitch (whatever bleeding shape/size it is).
                    Think we'll get the away win very soon, and when we do we'll be flying imo. Takes pressure off us to win every home game, players will feel more relaxed but will still go into every home game expecting to win...so reckon we'll keep up the home form. Losing mentality away from home will go as well.....let's hope this win comes at the emirates on friday.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                      Think we'll get the away win very soon, and when we do we'll be flying imo. Takes pressure off us to win every home game, players will feel more relaxed but will still go into every home game expecting to win...so reckon we'll keep up the home form. Losing mentality away from home will go as well.....let's hope this win comes at the emirates on friday.
                      No chance there mate but I can see an away win coming soon after!

Comment

Working...
                      X