• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC BBC1 at 11am

Apparently Phil Beard on discussing it this morning for those intetested

Anything come out of it mate?

Comment

Very interesting and definitely worth a watch. The whole site as we know is massive. Compared it it as going from Hyde Park to Covent Garden. They had the main man, Sir Edward Lister on there who is overseeing the project. He spoke as if the stadium will happen. Car Giant only own a very small fraction of the site. The rest is all government land. The station will be the largest in the UK. There are many different areas on the site for the stadium. They have big plans for the area and a 2nd hand car show room does not sound like being part of these plans! Small bit with Phil Beard on there. There is some vote this week I believe to give the mayor overall power of the site as it covers 3 boroughs. He as we knows favours us to be part of this regeneration. The vote will go through as the Conservatives have a majority in the London Assembly. Then the usual debate from Labour about how much affordable housing there should be. Could be as much as 30-35%. The guy from Labour couldn't get his head round that you need private investment to build these homes! All sounded very positive from our perspective. Worth following this vote next week. Another positive step in the right direction.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

any links please

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ondon-14122014
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

thank it does look promising

Comment

Well Tony Mendes came across of someone totally out of his depth. If he thinks the ground is only going to be used few days a year for football then hes a little short sighted or should have made the effort to attend the open days the club put on

Comment

The vote will be gigantic. Any idea on what specific day it will occur?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Well Tony Mendes came across of someone totally out of his depth. If he thinks the ground is only going to be used few days a year for football then hes a little short sighted or should have made the effort to attend the open days the club put on
                  West Acton, do you know if the plans for the new stadium include a reclinable roof? I know with the initial press speculation about a year back, this was part of the plan. Not sure if that is still the case?

Comment

Looks very promising, that Edward lister seems positive on having us there.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 Bro View Post
                      West Acton, do you know if the plans for the new stadium include a reclinable roof? I know with the initial press speculation about a year back, this was part of the plan. Not sure if that is still the case?
                      I imagine it will be as it would be used for concerts and such like.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 Bro View Post
                        No idea mate but would be an added bonus if it did as offers other options

Comment

Never thought I'd say this but Boris' chief of staff looks like a bloke who knows what he's talking about and explains it in a way that everyone can understand. No political BS. He just said it how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            No idea mate but would be an added bonus if it did as offers other options
                            Cheers mate. I think we would increase the options for making money I would think which is important revenue especially if those coffers are added to the clubs balance sheet with FFP.

Comment

38.55 in

Comment

Working...
                              X