Vargas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vargas

An observation. He came on vs Liverpool and scored 2 as a striker. He hasn't scored against some lesser opposition since, as he has been played on the wing.

Should he be upfront in a front 3 and just go for it? Should he play instead of Zamora or Austin? Tough call but CF is definitely his best position.

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    An observation. He came on vs Liverpool and scored 2 as a striker. He hasn't scored against some lesser opposition since, as he has been played on the wing.

Should he be upfront in a front 3 and just go for it? Should he play instead of Zamora or Austin? Tough call but CF is definitely his best position.
    \he seemed to have played there in the last two matches and some are saying those have been his two worst matches.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We need someone with a bit of pace who's not afraid to run and beat people (Mr Hoilett and Mr Phillips, please come in). He's the only one who can do that at the mo, so its probably best to start him on the wing and move him into the hole if we want more solidity in midfield. His link up play with Isla is also pretty decent.

Comment

Rich sometimes I do wonder whether we would improve by playing more of a target man up top on his own. (Like Zamora. And either side of him have a couple of quick forwards. I.e vargas on one side and hoilett on the other. Or vargas through the middle with hoilett and Isla

Now before I get slated obviously Austin is our main man and his goal scoring is great. However Charlie is at his best with loads of crosses into the box. With his back to goal he is not the greatest at holding it up and bringing others into play

Comment

He's definitely been a RM since. I would be temtped away from home to rest Austin if Zamora is fit and start Zamora and Vargas upfront. His pace will create problems. We must put someone with pace at RM like Hoilett or Phillips though, not bloody Barton as a winger or Nico

Comment

He plays both roles very adeptly and of course, if he's playing up front he will score more. Much as if Charlie was played out wide he'd score less.

It's good to have a player willing and able to do a good job in two roles, but I don't think 3 up front will do this current squad any good given our apparent defensive deficiencies.

Comment

Isla seems to not mind going forward. Why not try Isla right wing

Comment

We don't have another RB though, should have kept Simpson. Ned isn't the answer...

Comment

We don't have another RB though, should have kept Simpson. Ned isn't the answer...
                  I think Karl Henry has played in that position. But he is not what we need when it comes to speed.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

next line up away from home.
                    ....................green
                    Ned. Caulker Rio/dunne. Yun
                    Barton. Fer
                    Isla Mutch. Hoilett/Vargas
                    Zamora/Vargas

Vargas definitely to be in the team somewhere.

Kills me not to include Charlie but i do think his strengths suit home games when we are on top of teams rather than playing counter attacking football
                    Last edited by Ablockhoop; 05-12-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Not playing Charlie is suicidal imho

Comment

Yeh Toni it does seem it but as we have 0 points out of 21 on the road then surely we could have ago

Comment

Need to start with the three of them(CA, BZ, EV) both home and away. And Isla everytime to link up with Ed.
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Great way to convince him to sign a contract, Not playing him half the time
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Great way to convince him to sign a contract, Not playing him half the time
                              Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                              X