We need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need

A big Central defender like Ashley Williams or the old big Dan. Caulker and Dunne are trying their best but during our last 3 defeats some defensive mistakes cost us goals.

Can anyone suggest?
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Stephane Mbia
    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

ive heard steven taylor's name of newcastle mentioned

Comment

If I'm honest, I don't think there's many defenders in the world than can defend against Aguero - ill settle for what we've got. Honestly can't think of anyone who could step in and be better who'd realistically come to us.

Comment

Originally posted by e8 ranger View Post
          ive heard steven taylor's name of newcastle mentioned
          Caught a glimps of him in Newcastles game last week he made Adel look like a manikin model

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
            Stephane Mbia
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We do need a more nippy/mobile CB.... too many "big lumps" at the moment. Normally I dont like smaller CBs but I think we have enough height with Bobby, Charlie and Leroy to provide some beef defending set peices so we could accomodate a more lean and compact chap at CB who has a turning circle a bit better than Caulker/Dunne.

Comment

Think Dunne has been great but would still love to see Onuoha and Caulker

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                  If I'm honest, I don't think there's many defenders in the world than can defend against Aguero - ill settle for what we've got. Honestly can't think of anyone who could step in and be better who'd realistically come to us.
                  This. Continuity breeds confidence.

Comment

Despite having to make changes to their Centre Backs citeh pushed up as one unit when they needed to and was picked up by G Neville during his commentary..this attribute must mean the leading C/B marshals the defence verbally and to read the danger and react accordingly...not sure The Landlord or Caulker have that in their lockers ?

Please step up to the plate Rio Ferdinand.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Think Dunne has been great but would still love to see Onuoha and Caulker
                      This!

Dunne has done very well since coming back in but he's an accident waiting to happen for me. His legs are well and truly gone, at some stage he's either gonna get turned inside out by someone or end up giving away a penalty and/or red card.

Onouha & Caulker are the future, if fit they should start at centre half for me!

Comment

Difficult one - we certainly need the aerial power - when we played Ferdinand we were often in trouble in the air at the back as he always gets out jumped. However, with the extra height we lose pace. Onouha would seem to be the answer on paper but does get caught in possession and has concentration lapses. Aguero's control was exceptional and we won't come up against it every week. I would therefore leave it as it is at the moment and maybe look to invest in January. However, seems to be a problem for many clubs in our league - there are simply not too many good centre backs round at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          This!

Dunne has done very well since coming back in but he's an accident waiting to happen for me. His legs are well and truly gone, at some stage he's either gonna get turned inside out by someone or end up giving away a penalty and/or red card.

Onouha & Caulker are the future, if fit they should start at centre half for me!
                          Very true.. I think this happened last season, was solid but then had one game where he just got turned left right and centre for pace.
                          Think Onuoha could do as good a job as Dunne

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
                            Difficult one - we certainly need the aerial power - when we played Ferdinand we were often in trouble in the air at the back as he always gets out jumped. However, with the extra height we lose pace. Onouha would seem to be the answer on paper but does get caught in possession and has concentration lapses. Aguero's control was exceptional and we won't come up against it every week. I would therefore leave it as it is at the moment and maybe look to invest in January. However, seems to be a problem for many clubs in our league - there are simply not too many good centre backs round at the moment.
                            All we really need to do is play dunne in matches against the tall strong players like Lukaku or Papiss Cisse etc and then play Onuoha against the small nippy players. Caulker is doing really well and is growing in confidence every game.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Gregor Balazic mentioned in an earlier thread.We and Palace are reportedly interested in him.

Comment

Working...
                              X